Monday, October 11, 2010

SCARECROW GREETINGS



It was my turn to teach a card at my Inky Digits Card Club Tuesday.  I wanted to teach the crayon resist technique.  I found this precious Scarecrow on Create With TLC, a freebie download and printed it out.  Stamped one of my Happy Halloween sentiments under it, saved it again to my computer and printed out the 15 copies that I needed for my class.  I colored the scarecrow and sentiment with my copics and then colored over my coloring with a white crayon.  I put the nestibilities frame back over the white paper and sponged the entire image with yellow ink.  I sponged a little pumpkin ink around the edges for effect, lifted the nestibilitie off the paper and rubbed  the whole thing with a paper towel.  That cleans any ink off the image, sets it and spreads the wax around to give the image a sheen. 

Added a bunch of layers, my MS fence punch, a ribbon, flower, some leaves,button and twine and I was done.  The Inky Digit ladies enjoyed the technique.  My SIL went to club with me that night and as a Newbie, made a perfect card.  Try the technique if you haven't yet and let me know what you think.  It is a fun one!

I read about this website on my friend Sarah The Stressed Stamper's Blog and thought I would enter it in their challenge.  She just made their DT and invites everyone to check it out.  I think Friday's challenge will be her first submission, so hop on over and check it out.  To get there easily, click on the title above and it will pop you there.  Here is the address to Sarah's Blog http://stressedstamper.blogspot.com/.  Check her out and give her a little Bloggie Love

Don't miss out on all the fun over at the TLC Creations either.  They offer a lot of free images and sentiments, so be sure and check them out too.  Here's their link.  http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

  1. You're getting your craft on again! Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun doing this in club Linda! Thanks ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah Linda - you are such a kind person and thanks so much for your comments on your blog...Thanks for joining in the challenge with this fabby card....got my fingers crossed for you hun..and thanks so much for joining in with us on TBC this week
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda