Sunday, January 29, 2012

Downey Teddy in Blue and Brown

Good Sunday afternoon to you all.  My son just took my 2 granddaughters back home to Ft. Mill, SC and I am feeling a bit blue.  I am a Grandmother and I know you are supposed to be happy to see them come and happy to see them go, but my heart hasn't learned that lesson yet.  Sigh...

The Sassy Jeni, over at Sassy Cheryl's is hosting a Light  Blue and Brown Challenge this week.  Since I am experiencing a twinge of the blues myself, I chose a happy cuddly image to cheer myself up.  I believe this is the first Sassy Cheryl image I ever got and it was a Freebie when she wast starting her group up on Splitcoast Stampers.  Isn't he absolutely precious?  His official name is Hanging Out To Dry, but since he was just laundered, I called him Downey Teddy.  He smells like a combo of sunshine, Downey Fabric Softener and Tide Detergent.  MMMMM.  If you want to own him for yourself,you can get him here.

Not too much to this one.  Fast and Easy.  He is colored with Copics, the cardstock is SU and the DP is from Authentique.  Ribbon buttons and pearls are from my stash.  The butterfly is a SU Beautiful Wings sizzlit.

Quick and easy.   Shirley, Tangents from Tazmania wanted to see my work area when it was messy.  Well I took a photo (yuck) andd want to get that posted too.  See ya later with that pic.

Have fun crafting this week and hope to see you in a couple of challenges.  If you would like to try to win a gift certificate to Sassy Cheryl's just click here.  Then you can link here

Love ya,

Linda

Linda

11 comments:

  1. Great card hun - sorry you are down - they will fab image and colouring hun
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Wonderful coloring and great image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week. Good luck in the draw.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda he is a total delightful Teddy what superb colouring and I love, love, the colours and papers you have used
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda, fab colouring of the image, and I like the colour combo.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely priceless Linda, positively! Love how you've colored it and the background is perfect. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous linda.i love your fab colour combo and the image is adorable ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a Wonderful grandmother. I'm sure you did hate to see them go. Hope you had a fabulous visit.
    This is a lovely card Linda. Love the title of your blog post. It certainly is perfect for this amazing card. Beautifully colored. I Love it.
    Thanks for playing along in the blue & brown challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, that is such a great color combo. Love the teddy hanging on the line, reminds me of when kids were little, they could not wait to get him dried up and back in their arms, even had one that stood outside with thumb in the mouth and hanging on to teddy with the other while he dried. Such a cute card.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is so pretty
    Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
    We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh, Linda, sorry your feeling a bit blue. I think I'll be the same way. Fabulous card, my friend!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't be too blue Linda, they always come back. <3
    Linda, I love the browns and blues with this image. Beautiful coloring ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda