Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In The Doghouse Now



Are you busy watching the Olympics?  We have the TV running just about 24 hours watching all the games.  Didn't you love that torch lighting during the Opening Ceremony?  Oh my gosh the Brits sure did it right.  The drive and commitment of these young athletes amaze me.  My husband and I were reminiscing about my youth and my astute gymnastics skills.  I was definitely not Olympic material, but I sure did have fun trying.  Now I simply have fun trying to remember how I got my body to do all those stunts when I can barely tie my shoes today.  Ha Ha

Speaking of trying to remember things brings me to my card for today.  Mo's Digital is having a Guest Design Team Call/Doghouse Challenge this week and I decided to give it a try.  Mo's images are fabulous and I love any opportunity to use them.  When I saw the challenge was for a doghouse, I put on my creative thinking cap.  I wanted  to do something fun and quirky cause I am a little bit quirky and a whole lot of fun.  OK, don't spit your coffee/wine all over your computer screen.  I really am fun, ask my dog!

I had found this elephant appropriately enough called, I Forgot in my Mo's file and my mind started racing. I struggled a bit with the card and had two different layouts until my creative-genius-collaborator, my DH, suggested I make the doghouse on the outside instead of inside of the card.  It all came together and I had to admit he was right again.  Don't you hate it when you have to admit your husband is right and you were wrong?  

I colored the elephant with my Copics using greys, pinks and a bit of violet. I wanted his face to be pinker to show his embarrassment at forgetting his dear friend's birthday.  The sentiment was hand-written and hung from some string and a brad.  The balloons were cut out with a Sissix die and run though a SU embossing folder.  The glittery bling is Stickles and the button and embroidery floss was from my stash.  The corners were punched with a SU corner punch and run through the same SU embossing folder.  I free-handed the doghouse  and cut it out. 

Here's the inside sentiment.  It is computer generated and I free-handed the elephant footprints.

Hope you enjoy.  If you would like to play along with Mo's, just click here and check out all the fun.  Hope to see you over there.

Happy Crafting!

Linda
 
Additional Linked Challenges:

Make It Monday - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely fun and sweet card! I love, love your sentiment, might have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! such a brilliantly designed card Linda. Love the image and your colouring is fabulous. The colours and attention to detail are wonderful and a great sentiment too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun sentiment with this fabulous image and great design! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. I came over from MIM for a little look. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Linda! Good luck in the DT call! I love Mo images too but not ready for any DT just yet!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, and love the image, and I know what you mean about having to admit when the hubby just might be right LOL. YOur friend will love your beautifully colored and creative card. Thanks for playing the Mo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Linda, it's adorable, fabulous card.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling Linda!!! I looooove your pink elephant!!
    Cute papers and great layout!! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the the sentiment on the inside...may have to steal it! So glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He does look pretty embarassed, LOL. A fab card, and it is quirky and fun!!!
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #157, #159 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda