Monday, August 6, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge

 I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday.  I watched a couple of Copic Coloring Tutorials on U Tube and then sat and colored and colored.  I didn't want to make any cards, I just wanted to color.  I needed to practice my hair coloring techniques and I had several "Free" Saturated Canary images Krista posted. on her blog.  I chose to color Ava, and color her I did.  I colored one with black hair and one with blue coloring and one brunette.  As you can see only the brunette made it to the card.  The blue haired one almost made it, but I will try again to master it.  I am not sure I will ever master black hair, but Turtles do not give up .....

This cute little Ava came with a balloon.  I chose to cut that off.  It doesn't suit the theme of the card I am sending.  It was very easy to remove so this little gal is really versatile to craft with.  Can't give you anymore details because the card is in the mail and the recipient hasn't received it yet.  .)  If you would like to have Ava for yourself, just click here.  Krista is so kind to have posted several beautiful little girls for us to color for FREE!  She is trying to give back this year.  She is working to put together a project with St. Jude's Hospital for children.  Click on the badge in the upper right corner of my sidebar for all the details.  Check it out.  It is an opportunity for you to put a smile on some children's faces and know that your artwork put that smile there!

Ok card details:  Copics, of course, image colored on my fav, Irridescent Cryogen White from Paper Temptress.  Cardstock is DCWV and it was a scrap, I didn't even have to cut a new piece.  Yeah Me! DP is a scrap from my stash and unfortunately I don't have the name.  Flower punch is EK Success, Dies are Spellbinders, embossing folder is Cuttlebug, ribbon is American Crafts, Rose and gems are from my stash.  Everything I used on this card is from my stash.  Yeah for me.  Trying to use it up so I can buy more.  OOPs, I mean use it up so I don't waste the money I already spent. ROTFL.  Check back tomorrow for my post and you will see what I am talking about.

I made this card following a sketch on Sketch Saturday.  I thought it was so lovely, I didn't make any alterations.

                                    
I will also be linking this card to:

Make It Monday-Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. I love this image and the sketch is great too.
    I saw this on MIM and came for a peek

    SandraT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..you really did do some coloring! I think she's beautiful and I would loved to have seen the blue hair. :) I'm horrible with black so I think I'll hit the you tube videos as well. Beautiful card Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Linda and the hair looks sensational! Love the pretty background and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you did a fantastic job coloring the image. Love those Saturated Canary digi's!
    Love the colors you chose and the hair is perfect! Pretty card.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Linda, I love the image and your have coloured her so beautifully. The papers are so pretty too

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. i saw your card on MIM. Your colouring is fabulous and i agree with you re the beautiful saturated canary images isn't she adorable. I have her also but as yet not coloured her...I hope I do it justice... yours is amazing thank you for sharing such beautiful work and good luck going with the black hair im sure you will master it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning linda.she is gorgeous and i love your colouring and fab design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card ,i love krista's images too you have done such a beautiful colouring job on this one
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring, Linda. Glad I popped in from MIM#101 for a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image...have her in my stash & really must color her one of these days. She is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. I love the scrap of paper you used. My next big move is to work from my scrap box only. I need to make myself sit down and just color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda - what an awesome card - you did fabulous colouring. I loved the image and the colours - so beautiful. I came in from MIM to take a peak, after you kindly visited my blog too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Saw this on MIM. Rae #5 & #74

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous card, its so cute too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, what a colourful card! just gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda