Monday, September 3, 2012

Feeling Under The Weather?



                                         
I found this beautiful paper over at Aww Shucks Scrapbook store.   It is from the Caroline Collection by My Minds Eye. It followed me home so I had no choice but  to find something to make with it.  I decided that Tilda would be the perfect compliment .  I wanted to show off the beauty of the paper, so I used it on each layer of the card.  The sketch is from Sketch Saturday.  I wanted to use a doily on the card and played with several positions.  I finally folded the doily in half and fan-folded it.  I thought it carried the parasol/umbrella one step further.  The sentiment is a clear stamp from my stash.  I curved it around and stamped on the circle with Old Olive SU ink.  I love the bend-ability of using clear stamps.

I love flowers, but don't tend to use bouquets of them on my cards.  I have seen so many cards with lots of flowers and I admire them, but I simply never get that flowery with my cards.  The floral paper and the weather sentiment reminded me of the old saying, "April Showers Brings May Flowers" so  it called for a floral bouquet.  I am glad I pulled out my stash of lovely flowers.  They give this Get Well card a cheerful, happy look to it.

Whether it is rain or shine where you live, I wish you all a week filled with fun and peace.  Oh yeah, a bit of uninterrupted crafting time would be nice too!  TTFN, Linda

Challenges

Sketch Saturday
Digi Doodle Shop - Vintage
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Linda the paper is super gorgeous and your image complements it so well
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card linda..and that happens to me too, those papers follow me home, and then hide in my drawer till the weekend..love the sweet Tilda, gorgeous colouring, and love what you did with the doily..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet looking card. Lovely design and colours. Saw you on MIM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda. I love the sweet image, those papers are really gorgeous and the doily and flowers looks so pretty.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous make, Linda! Tilda is coloured up a storm and looks beautiful with those papers and flowers. Love your pleated doily too. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful linda.stunning colours and details and the tilds is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda, outstanding card! Love the great papers you used and the image is colored to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Linda, love the sweet image and colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fab card ...sure to cheer anyone up ,beauitiful happy colours
    thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all the bright colors on this card. :-) I love flowers too, but like you , don't tend to pike them on. I think you picked just the right amount and your image is adorable. Thanks for sharing on MIM! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous, those beautiful colors...WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda