Friday, December 7, 2012

White Christmas

Sassy Jackie is the hostess over at Sassy Cheryl's this week and she is "Dreaming of a White Christmas".  I love a white challenge, because it really is a challenge for me.  I have studied all the inspirational cards those Sassy ladies provided and decided that it is layers and texture that make a white card so spectacular.  This is my third attempt at a white card and I really think I like it.

I had a different image in my mind, but I have misplaced my Cricut cutting pad so I had to rethink my layout.   (I cleaned up and reorganized my work space and it has magically disappeared..)  Originally I planned to use a Christmas tree to give the elf something to hang his ornaments on.   I used Spellbinders. embossing folders, Sissix dies, a crimper and punches to achieve this look.  Lots of pop-up tape too.  Look closely and you will see some Glossy Accents, Stickles and Flower Soft too.

I hope you are at least in the middle of your Christmas To-Do list at the time of this post.  I wish people would rest a bit more and not let alll the "nice" things you do this Christmas  cause you stress and a poo-pooey mood.  It kinda takes the fun out of the season for you and those around you.  Sit back, have a cup of cocoa and let the elves take over for you.  After all, they have the magic.

Entering this in Sassy Cheryl's 144th Challenge - Dreaming of a White Cristmas.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous white on white card, you've definitely aced the challenge! May I have a beer instead of cocoa please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, m'dear!! I can only say this...notyhing good comes of cleaning and straightening up! hehe! But, that said, your card is beyond stunning!! I just love how your coloring pops against the white background! And your design and layering are perfect!! I am so delighted that you've joined us again this week at Sassy Cheryl's!! Big hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your little elf on that all white textured beautiful layout is wonderful. Love elves and this one is so cute. I love all your creations too....

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the white on this pretty card with the fabulously coloured adorable elf! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, too cute! love all the texture!!
    anks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A W E S O M E! Is what this card is Linda!!! your coloring rocks and this is the perfect design.. you stressed about all the white to much, must need some hot cocoa:):)
    I agree with you -- I love how this turned out.. eye catching- sweet as can be!
    thankks for playing along and getting Sassy with us this week for the White Christmas challenge!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't look to me like it was a challenge at all, Mz. Linda! This is as Pat put it. . . ."beyond stunning!" But I'll add breathtaking!!! LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing in the WHITE CHRISTMAS Challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See...you should NEVER clean your space. Lol
    Your card with all it's layers and textures is beautiful. I just love your white satin bow too. Can't wait to see this one in person. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Linda, this is outstanding! I LOVE this!!!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge! I hope you'll join us tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda