Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Plantin' and a Growin' Sassy Style


Closed Front View
Open Front View
Pull Out Insert



Sassy Raggedy aka Joann is the hostess this week and she wants us to create with "something off of the card".  I had this idea to show the flower growing bigger and bigger by pulling it out of the top.  When I went to make my insert, the design took a mind of it's own and this is the result.  I thought it looked pretty that way, so I just went with it.

The card looks like it was a lot of work, but actually it came together quite quickly.  It is the one card I haven't had to play with incessantly.  I chose my paper first to compliment my digi from Sassy Cheryl's Shop called "Whatcha Grown' Max and Maddie".  The paper is Graphic 45,The Bohemian Bazaar collection.  Love the vivid colors here and the paper is double sided and has a nice heavy weight so it worked well for the card design.  I used Copics  to color my digi and mounted it on black cardstock and then onto the Blue DP.  I cut some grass out of the green paper that is from Bohemian Bazaar.  I then used a tape runner on the sides and bottom of the back of the blue DP and adhered it to a yellow print.  I left the top open to create a pocket for the tag.

I then cut an additional yellow piece the same size as the pocket and cut it in half vertically.  I punched a lacy border on the inside edges using a MS punch.  I scored the outer edges at 1/2 " and  used red line tape to secure this to the blue pocket.   The blue floral strips are cut from DP of the same Bohemian collection.  It hot glued the red button lady bugs and wrapped some bakers twine around them.  The flower pots come with the stamp set so I colored them and fussy cut them out and mounted on the front panels.  The tag is cut with a lattice rectangle Spellbinder. the Stamp is a set from Close To My Heart called Friendship Bouquet.

It's fun coming up with something different each week.  It always amazes me to see the cards my DT sistahs and the challenge participants come up with.      Keep creating crafty people and please share with us this week at Sassy Cheryls.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.  Hugs!  

I will also be entering this in the following Challenges:




15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your design!


    Saw you at MIM and had to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... how pretty, Linda! love this design, clever YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely incredible! Great card and wonderful papers and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linda; do you know if something has happened to Bugaboo stamps? I can't get to the site at all. Keeps saying the site can't be found!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooooow! Soooo adorable LInda!!! Love pretty papers and fabulous design!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, when I click on the link for Bugaboo in your side bar I get a message saying this page cannot be displayed....not sure what is going on but I did hook up with them through facebook & notice that Jodi has a message saying she forgot to renew the domain name. So,I got there via FB.
    Thanks, Renee
    PS Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh ohhhhh...I couldn't wait for today to see the rest of the photos of this stunning card! I absolutely LOVE this! Fabulous papers and colors...and I love the gatefold design! That insert card with the sunflower is sooooooooo cool!! I love it all, m'dear!! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous linda.fabulous card design and images and i love your colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Fab images and a wonderful design. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Gosh Linda! this is a pure work of art! I love every amazing detail my sassy sistah!
    hugs to ha
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation in beautiful colours!
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow girl! This is simply gorgeous! You knocked it out of the ballpark. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah,no, I'm not inclined to believe this came together quickly! So many details-just love this, Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable, Linda. Really fun card fold!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda