Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Life - Walking On A Tightrope



Some days I feel like I am walking on a tightrope and if I wobble just a bit I will fall off.  If I fall then my world will collapse and everyone around me will fall too.  I sure have a high opinion of myself don't I.  Let's face it, no one person, except The Good Lord  is that valuable.  But being the good little Catholic girl I am, I can do guilt real good.  How about you?  Do you ever get that feeling?  If we are honest with ourselves, I think we all do.  That is why when I saw Cheryl's little image called "Slow and Steady Sally", I knew I had to make a card with her.  In fact, this is only the first of many I will make with her.  I have many good friends walking on their own tightropes now and I believe she just may bring a smile to their faces.  

The sentiment on the inside is supportive  too.  Cheryl had that on her Illustrated By Cheryl Blog the day she debuted the Noah version of this image and she graciously gave me permission to use it.  I think it says it all and is perfect for this card.

I kept this pretty much CAS.  Both sentiments and typed in MS Word and cut out with a Spellbinder Die. The paper is from DCWV "Nana's Kids Collection.  The rick rack and pearl "jewelry" are from my stash, cloud punch is a Friskars and the butterfly is a Embosslit from SU.  I colored the image with Copic Markers.

I am the hostess this week at Sassy Cheryls and the challenge is "Punches and Dies".  Our challenges are now twice a month and you can enter them as many times as you wish as long as you use a Cheryl Alger image and you follow the Challenge theme.  The more you enter the more chances you have to win that gift certificate to Sassy Cheryl's store.  So what are you waiting for - inspiration?  Hop on  over to The challenge blog and check out all the inspiration my sassy sistah's have created for you this week.  There are some real cutie patooties this week.  I feel so honored just to be included with this group of crafty gals.

Hope to see you there.

Hugs and Happy Crafting,

Linda.

Challenges I plan to enter this card in:


16 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Love your beautiful creation! Colour combo and all dots are great. Awesome details with die cuts.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Linda and so perfect for our Cutie Pie Challenge Spots and Dots!! Good Luck. Sarah-J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty card. Love the papers and the image is sweet. Thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges this week for Friends.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute card!

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies, spots and dots challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and cute! Love how the image is walking on zigzag, just like life! Love the polkadots too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Linda and such a great choice for a theme...I loved your story and who has not felt the way you were feeling...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful card love the papers and the ric rac along with pretty image . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your card thanks for sharing with CWLC this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, love your sweet card, the rick rack for the tight rope is genius. The colors and embellishments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful design, love the spotted clouded and the ric rac path, saw it at MIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rick-rack. Great card. Thanks for joining our Friends Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there Sassy Lady! It's been a while since I've been blog-visiting!! I just spent a little time perusing some of your more recent creations...gorgeous!! And this card is just fabulous!! I love the CAS design...you're right...life is a tightrope walk sometimes!! Love the insde sentiment...it's perfect perfect perfect!! Sending hugs!! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! this is so cute! Spied this at MIM and had to come take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just cute as can be my friend!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too stinkin' cute, Ms. Linda. How clever to use the ric rack for her tightrope! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A brilliant card, Linda! Love the ric rac as a tightrope. Love the blue polka dot and the green polka dot representing land and sky. Love your colouring and sentiment too. A super card! Gotta go now though - the Hubster's tum a'rumblin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda