Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'll Be Your Umbrella

Hiddy Ho!  I am back again with a new sample from my coloring journey.  Today I colored this Sassy Cheryl image from  "Callie's Busy Day Stamp Set".  This is one of Cheryl's Oldies But Goodies and comes with Callie and an Easter Bunny and Callie in a Bathtub.  You get all three for $4.00.  Now that, my friend is a bargain.  Check them out here.  Better yet, buy them silly.  For a $1.33 an image, you can't go wrong.  While you are there check out all the other sets that are available for $4.00 too.

I have been watching and re-watching Cheryl's new You-Tube tutorials on coloring with  colored pencils.  I am able to incorporate some of the same techniques with pencils as I use with Copics, but she explains how to hold the pencils, the amount of  pressure and direction of your strokes.  Cheryl explains in detail how to achieve results while she is coloring so you get a thorough step-by-step tutorial.  I keep pausing and replaying the video so I can color along.  She has one speed coloring tutorial where she is coloring along with music from her favorite  group, Piano Guys.  I love that one because the faster the music goes, the faster she colors and the entire time she has perfect control of her pencil and application techniques. They are all free, so check them out here.  Be sure to subscribe to her site so you can keep updated as to when new tutorials are available.  While there, be sure and leave her some love.  If you have any suggestions for future tutorials, tell her in a comment, so she can do future tutorials.

We are beginning the second week of the "Anything Goes" challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team posted on their blogs to inspire you and help get those creative juices flowing.  I have links to their blogs on my left sidebar.  Just click each designer's name and you will pop right over.

Hope you enjoyed my colored pencil project.  I plan to continue to practice my pencil skills and will post my attempts so you can see my progress too.  If you have any constructive criticisms, please leave me a comment.  I promise not to get my feelings hurt and cry all over my laptop.

Hugs,

Linda

Challenges:

Through the Craftroom Door- Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. You go girl...I love how you have made the time to take coloring classes. This one is beautiful. Great job Linda. I need to get some of these pencils so I can try it as well...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda it's stunning. Love oldies images and your colouring is fabulous! so beautiful.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your results are terrific! Cute card and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda, she is gorgeous!!! I'd say you are a good student. Lol
    Your card is a beauty. Psst...I can see your Irish showing. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, Momma would be Shamrock Hilda made me do it. Lol

      Delete
  5. so gorgeous linda.i love your fab details and colours and the image is stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love the colors and layout! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute little miss all in green! Coloring is awesome.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda