Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Charlie Has A New Do

Good Tuesday Morning to you, my little lovlies!  There is a new challenge starting at Sassy Cheryl's today and I am the hostess.  I decided I wanted to challenge ya'll to some doodling.  I have been doing a bit of Zentangling in my Art Journal to relax and I was hoping to introduce you to a bit of relaxing fun.  When I sat down to design my card, I just wasn't feeling the Zentangling so I doodled a bit of lines, dots and a swirl for the butterfly.  Maybe next week I will do a bit of tangling for you.

This little sweetie is called Charlie's New Do and she lives over in Sassy Cheryl's shop with the rest of her friends.  Cheryl did a You Tube tutorial on how to color faces with glasses.  I took the tutorial and then practiced what I learned.  It was pretty simple and Cheryl is the most marvelous colored pencil artist.  I did add a bit of Glossy Accents on the glasses that Cheryl didn't demonstrate.

I colored my image with Faber Castell Polychromo Pencils.  I absolutely love them.  I used Copic Express It Blending card and the colors went down so smooth and easily blended with Gamasol.  I sponged the sky with a daubber and blue ink.  The butterflies are cut from some  DP in my stash as are the flowers and ribbon.  The DP is from Graphic 45's Botanical Collection.  The Octagon Dies are from Lifestyles Dies and the sentiment and punches from Stampin Up.

My Design Teammates have created some beautiful cards this week.  They have really stepped up the doodling.  It is always fun and exciting for me to see their creations.  I make sure to pop over to each of their blogs every week and leave them a little love.  I invite you to do the same.  They work so hard to make interesting and awesome cards to inspire you, so leave them a bit of love and encouragement.

Whatever you are up to this week, I hope there will be some Sassy Cheryl crafting time in it and you share your creation on our Challenge Blog.  You just may be the lucky winner of a free trip to Sassy Cheryl's store.  See You There!

Linda 

6 comments:

  1. a fun challenge, thanks!
    too cute, love her glasses and how you framed her too! adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delightful card Linda! Love the doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Linda huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda your card is just wonderful. I love the glasses. I always learn things from your posts. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda this is so sweet. The doodling really sets this image off and your coloring is perfect. I like the earth tones and your floral embellishment. Crafty girls weekend soon! Love and hugs -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute image, love the colors you chose, and Linda, that image is adorable, loving the glasses!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda