Monday, July 5, 2010

Bubble Gum Birthday



I created this card for Sassy Cheryl's Challenge 18. We had to use the peach, blue and kraft color combination. I love this image and had been wanting to use it for awhile. I had a soft shade color combination in mind when I first read the challenge, but when I saw this blue polka dot paper from Bo Bunny at Scrapping at the Beach, I HAD to use it. The image and the paper reminded me of when my oldest Granddaughter Ashley was a little girl, she had a blue and white polka dot "swing dress". She wanted to wear that dress EVERYDAY. Many fond memories of my little Ashley twirling around and around came to mind while I was coloring this little minx.

I colored with Copics. I used my new square lattice embossing folder from Stampin Up for the beach oval and the balloons. I used my CuddleBug Circles embossing plate for my craft oval. The peach and solid blue papers are from Stampin Up. The Kraft paper is from the sale bin at Michaels. It is a little darker than the Stampin Up Kraft paper I usually use. Background is chalked and Diamond Stickles is highlights. I distressed the edge of the image with a "steak knife",lol. Happy Birthday stamp is from Artful Legacy, an online store. Balloon strings are wires, Hope you enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Love how you have done the balloons - do not think i can make the chasllenge this week - fingers crossed for you...Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully! I love the bold color. You and that steak knife!!! You better be careful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, Linda! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet! Amazing card. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card Linda. Glad you could join us this week at Sassy Cheryl's challenge. Peggy x (be careful!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the balloons! Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda