Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Season's Greetings

 I'm working hard on getting those Christmas Cards ready to mail after Thanksgiving.  My goal each year is to have my card arrive the day after Thanksgiving just like my dear, dear, friend Fran.  Fran does everything quickly and without any procrastination.  I am the exact opposite.  Frannie is my time management idol, the one person I will NEVER be able to keep up with.  LOL  But I do love her to bits, she is funny, sweet and oh so loyal.  Everyone needs a Frannie for a friend.

The Harmonious Sprig stamp is from Unity.  I picked it up at the Memory Bank Scrapbook store in Baraboo, Wisconsin.  My DH and I both chose it for our Christmas cards this year.  My inspiration for the card came from Beatte on Splitcoast Stampers.  I followed her card design pretty close, so I can't take credit for the sketch.

I colored with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and highlighted with Copics.  The card stock is SU but the DP is from the Paper Studio pack called Bella Bohemia.  I picked this up at Hobby Lobby.  The dots are Candy from Craftworkcards I bought in Wisconsin.  They don't sell that locally, :(    I love the bling without the weight of these little dots.  The black band is punched with a MS border punch and run through the Cuttlebug using the Dotted Swiss embossing folder.

The card is fun to make and relatively quick so I will be trying out different color combinations.  Here it is in blue too.
Challenges I want to enter this in are:

Christmas Cards All Year Round

8 comments:

  1. Wow Linda, gorgeous Christmas card! Love that image!
    P.S. In retirement, there is no time management;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful Linda the colours, design, image and the different coloured bows make these look so classy and traditional which I love.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful! I like both color combinations. The image is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards...I will need to pass up another card making year for I need to get gifts made for "all" the little people first. I have been busy with a new job, "Bus Driving" I used to drive for 10 years in 1978 to 1988 and I am back again and loving it just as well...catch you later...always, Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Linda! Nice to see some of your Wisconsin goodies put to good use. You guys chose a beautiful stamp. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful, but I absolutely love the red paper and green ribbon combo!
    Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the rich autumnal colours on your festive card. Thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda