Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lovin French Country



Graphic 45's French Country Collection came in at Scrapbooks By The Sea and I had to have the entire collection.  I have been waiting for it ever since I saw the sneak previews from CHA.  I bought the 12x12 and the 8x8 pads.  This rooster page was so pretty and I didn't want to hide it in a scrapbook or cut it up for a  card, so I made an altered box.  Now it is proudly displayed in my home.

The store sells wooden and paper cigar boxes to alter.  The proceeds all go to the American Heart Association.  I found this box which was a perfect size for the 8x8 sheet.  When I cut the strips for the sides, I had to switch to the 12x12 pad because the 8x8 was too short.

The boxes are fun to make.  You cut the paper to size, glue it down with a strong fast drying adhesive (I used YES Glue) sand the edges to distress and sponge on some distress ink for effect.  I still have to pick up a clasp to add to the front and some feet to protect the papered bottom.  I think that calls for a trip to Michael's.  Oh punish me please, send me to a craft store.  LOL

Posting this over at Sassy Cheryl's SMT Blog, the meeting place for all nosy bloggers.  Come join us.

5 comments:

  1. Love this idea Linda and I just LOVE Graphic 45 products. Thanks for sharing this lovely project and let me know if you need a partner in crime when you visit Michael's ;) Hugs and happy crafting my friend <3-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow LInda! Your box is absolutely fantastic and the paper is wonderful! Great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo pretty, Linda. I can see why you wanted the rooster page on display and you have altered the box wonderfully! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Linda. This is lovely. I LOVE old cigar boxes and this is a fabulous way for sprucing them up. . .And with the money going to such a great cause, I'm sure it was hard not to buy them out. :) LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow im loving the box and ill need to check out the paper line

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda