Saturday, September 11, 2010

Snowbuttons



Sassy Cherly's Sassy DT came up with a Snowman challenge this week. We had to use a snowman, buttons, ribbons and sparkle. Well that is a perfect combination for papercrafters. They just gave us a license for FUN.

I knew I was going to use SC newest freebie, because he/she is so cute and looked like he was having the time of his life. The first thing I did was choose my background paper - purple with polka dots which I absolutely love. Then I chose my color scheme. Well I colored my little gal and started playing with her. Up popped that dreaded creators block so I called in my creative partner-hubby and he suggested using ribbon as snow banks. I played with it and this is the result. In pops my second creative partner-son and he says, "Mom you need to cover up all those polka-dots with buttons. You need to get out of your comfort zone." So being the wise obedient person that I have learned to be in my 60+ years I promptly did as I was told. You be the judge for yourself. Were my creative partners right? Gotta love these guys, I do.

6 comments:

  1. Your creative partners were SO right. I LOVE IT!!!!! Very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the buttons...love it...love Sassy Snowmen images..Have a great weekend
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too are so creative, I love the idea of using buttons in this way! Thanks for applying for my candy, best of luck :-)

    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea-love the buttons!

    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of ribbon. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! I love the colors! The image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda