Friday, February 15, 2013

Love is Still in the Air

I still have a couple of Valentines I did not post and I especially wanted to show you this one.  This was my very first attempt at using Shimmer Sheetz by Elizabeth Crafts.  I started with a plain red sheet and cut it to size.  I then embossed it with my Heart Embossing Folder.  I then distressed it by sanding it down with sand paper.  Then I took a black Stazon (must use Stazon Ink) and rubbed the entire piece.  The black ink "grabbed" the distressed portions of the card to leave this gorgeous result.

This sanding technique works bestwith embossing folders that leave "busy" or intricate designs.  The sanding will leave scratches on the Shimmer Sheets.  On this card I loved the scratches because I was going for a manly rustic result.  The card is going to a male.  To make the side border, I cut a thin strip of Shimmer  Sheetz and glued it over a black ribbon.  I then added some small black hearts, a bow, ribbon, and K& Company embellishment.   The little Love tag is a set from Stampin Up and so is the matching jewelry punch. Fun, fun, fun.  Shimmer Sheets is one of my new favorite toys.

Hope you enjoy this little design and have a wonderful weekend.  We are expecting a few snow flurries overnight tomorrow and living at the beach, we get excited at even hearing the word snow!  Tonight I am going to a Pajama Crop at my LSS.  Try to picture this, a bunch of crazy women sitting around in pajamas cutting an pasting.  Yep, call the men with the white straight jacket.  I have officially lost my mind.

TTFN

Challenges I plan to enter this card in:
Stampin' for  the Weekend - Distressing
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun way to lose one's mind! Your card is gorgeous, love the vibrancy of the red! Enjoy the flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card, love the embossing!
    Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at SFTW
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda