Thursday, April 11, 2013

French Country Cookbook










I created this cookbook for a class I am teaching at my LSS, Scrapbooks By The Sea.  I used a 8" binder book from Bo Bunny.  The card stock is all from SBTS and the DP is from Graphic 45's French Country collection.  I know I have said this a zillion times already, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this collection.  All of the die cuts were cut on my Cricut using the "From My Kitchen De Ma Cuisine" cartridge.  The square embellishments were cut from the French Country paper.

I made pockets on each divider to hold recipe clippings.  The border strip on the pockets is the reverse side of the pocket DP.  I used a SU scalloped border punch to edge.  I created the recipe sheets in Microsoft Word.  I sanded all the edges and sponged on Antique Photo Distress inks to distress and age the book.  

Teaching the class on Saturday, April 27 in Myrtle Beach, anyone want to come?  Road trip or plane trip anyone?  I'll save you a seat and we can go out after for dinner.  Sound like fun?

Challenges I plan to enter this in:




11 comments:

  1. what a fab project and a lovely gift idea ,so many wonderful details...i love it
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hop a plane and attend this class! The cookbook is fantastic and yes, yes, the papers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please I will come - thats if my numbers come up..Wow fabby cook book - been trying to post a comment on yr blog for ages - keeps throwing me off - aaahhhh - so loved all yr cards where I have not commented - sorry
    Have a lovely weekend
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Linda! I'm re-thinking my cookbook design now....Graphic 45 is such lovely paper. You've knocked this one out of the park. Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project - Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, thanks for stopping by my blog.
    This is a great project, love these papers.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning project :) xx Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week -Paula DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS cookbook! It is flawless and I thank you for sharing at TTCRD!

    Your newest follower,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project, wonderful job you did with it. Those papers are awesome, I was drooling over them last week at my LSS!
    Lucky ladies in your class will be delighted.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a FABULOUS cookbook. Looks like a lot of work, but fun! I bet everyone taking the class is just loving it. I know I would be. It's lovely.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUSNESS!!!! This cookbook is such a beautiful Family heirloom. Can't wait to make mine. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda