Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fairies and Stars


I have been playing around with coloring and sketching this week.  I have been watching some videos on You Tube.  Last night I colored along with Alyce Keegan whose Copic coloring skills I am in awe of.  Alyce had a free session she posted over the weekend.  It will be up and free for two weeks, if you want to watch it.  Here is a link that will take you right there.

The  image is a Tiddly Inks image called Fairy Fae Catches a Star.  You can get her here.  I am entering my card in Tiddly Inks Challenge which calls for us to use the color green.  Alyce used the same image in the tutorial and as her DT entry.  I am working on improving my coloring skills, but I must be crazy to enter the same challenge using the same image, colored the same way.  Alyce encouraged us to enter our colorings in The Tiddly Inks Challenge so I went for it.

 I love vintage, but I don't try to create the look very often.  It is definitely outside of my comfort level.  Fairy Fae just seemed to belong in a Vintage setting . The orchid paper is from Graphic 45, the green and gold DP and tag are from Imaginations..  The ribbon pearls, flowers and jewels are all from my stash.  The butterfly on the tag is one I cut out of the DP and added to the tag.    I added some Frantage and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I enjoyed my play time this weekend and am really enjoying Alyce's classes.   She has several free ones on You Tube  for you to check out.  There is one on coloring transparencies I am going to check out next.  Maybe I will post one of those cards too.

Whatever you are up to this week, I hope crafting is part of it, and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Linda

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda, I like the sweet image,the colours and the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I like all the attention to the little details. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great coloring! I think watching coloring videos is part of our addiction! Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda thanks so much for the link. I have this image and I am going to go and check it out. Always interested in improving...Yours is just fabulous. Very different for you and you did an outstanding job. Love it...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful linda.gorgeous pretty details and image and i love your colouring :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your beautiful details, such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Tiddly Inks for our "Green" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Linda. So happy you joined us at Tiddly inks for our Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda