Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's A Poinsettia Time of Year

It's "Nature Week" over the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge Blog.  I think the Poinsettia is one of G.od's most beautiful flowers.  It stands strong with vibrant colors and just makes a room come to life.  That's why I chose this beautiful Poinsettia and Poinsettia Merry Christmas Banner to make my card with.  You can get yours here I colored the digi twice and separated the two layers with foam tape.  It was really easy  to do because I used The Paper Temptress' Cryogen White cardstock.  It does not run when using red like some other papers I have used.  I stickled the poinsettias on the banner and used a Gold Metallic Sakura Gel Pen to color the Merry Christmas and edge the banner.  The gems are really red and green, but the red photographed amber.  The paper is from Aww Shucks a local scrap book store.  They are flipsides of the same paper from Echo Park Paper Co.  The elements in this card sort of stand on their own, so I didn't do much at all.  Easy and quick which I certainly need this time of year.  How about you?

Treat yourself to a second cup of coffee and pop on over to the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the Design Team have made.  Then grab a little bit of nature for yourself and enter a creation.  There is a $10.00 gift card going to the lucky person who's number is chosen.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Linda! You're right, the poinsettia is an outstanding flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda - this is so beautiful.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Linda. I love this flower but it always dies on me. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card linda,your flower is coloured beautifully
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Linda, fab colouring too, love the richness of this card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful! I love those shades of green, red and gold together. Very Christmas.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Such a clever use of dp's as well. Love how you've red, gold and green together. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply stunning. The poinsettia is gorgeous. I love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vibrant red Poinsettia and traditional papers. Oh so Christmassy! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continue Reading h1c30q4g21 replica ysl handbags replica ysl bags australia replica bags from china free shipping replica hermes bags o6u92h3o02 replica bags blog replica radley bags replica gucci bags f3r58k9q76 replica bags uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda