Friday, January 13, 2012

Bashful Buddy is In Love

Good evening my chilly little peeps.  It got cold here in South Carolina.  We are expecting some freezing temps for a couple of days.  Yuk.  Cold weather, but no snow.  I know some of you hate hearing that, but I am lucky enough to live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and we get excited over flurries.  If it snows we shut down the whole county until it melts.  LOL  Well maybe there is still a chance it is only January......

My BIL in Wisconsin was out with his snow blower today, poor fella.  He has tickets for the Packer/Giants game and they are expecting COLD COLD COLD weather in the Frozen Rotunda.  But he will still be at the game.  A Packer Fan is a Packer Fan.  They don't miss a game for a little threat of frostbite!!  Sassy Cheryl and I are on opposite sides of this game, she is a Giants fan.  Now I love Cheryl, but I still want to beat her this weekend for sure.  Go PACK!

Well speaking of snow....... Here's a Snowman Valentine for the Let It Snow Challenge going on over at Sassy Cheryl's.  Let me introduce you to Bashful Buddy.  Isn't he cute?  Buddy is so shy but the stars are shinning on him today and he finally got the courage up to declare his love for his valentine.  He is all dressed up in his Carolina Gamecocks colors, so I assume his sweetie will be a Gamecocks Fan.  I sure hope she loves him back.  I would hate it if he was scorned and got so embarrassed he melted clean away.

I had fun making this card.  I have lots of textures going on, so you can tell I was in the playing mood when I made it.  The snowflakes are punched with a snowflake punch, glittered with a gem in the middle.  The gray paper is  DCWV, the striped is Kaiser Craft and the polka dot is My Minds Eye.  The heart is punched with a CM punch and the scalloped heart is a MS punch.  The sentiment is from Artful Leagacy and the hearts are a clear stamp from the dollar bin at AC Moore.  My Stickles glitter is Frosted Lace.  The fur on Buddy's Coat was made with Polar White Flower Soft.  The white nubby mesh is a piece I picked up a couple of years ago at a scrapbook store in the Tennessee Mountains.  I had to have it, loved it instantly and never found a use for it when I got home.  Ha Ha.  Bet you have some of those things in your stash too.  I am so happy I finally used it.

Well I am off to bed now.  I am exhausted.  I just got back from Durham, North Carolina where we went to watch Duke beat Virginia (sorry again, Cheryl) in basketball.  My daughter is a die hard Duke Basketball fan and Coach K is her hero.  They had tickets to the game  but , my poor son-in-law came down with a virus and couldn't make the trip. So he kindly gave me his ticket.  So sorry Bob that you were so sick, but I really enjoyed myself.

Sorry for the long post, too much caffeine I guess.   In a snowy mood?   Why not make a project and share it with us over at the Sassy Cheryl Blog.

Stay warm,
Linda


OOPS!
I just realized I was supposed to cut Buddy out in a circular shape.  It doesn't meet the challenge requirements precisely.  Can we count his round little head for the circle.  So sorry, Sassettes.  If you need to disqualify me, I certainly understand.

6 comments:

  1. fab posting hun...lucky you seeeing all those games - wld love to see baseball etc only seen on tv ...give Cheryl a wave from me and I predict your team will win....
    Have a great weekend
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card and great image. Love the background you created and your coloring is awesome!
    We haven't had any snow except a few flurries yesterday morning and the 7 inches that fell on Halloween but it is extremely cold here.
    Good luck to both of your teams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card linda.i love the fab image and your colours and design are stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Valentine snowman. He would fit right in here in Kitimat. We have about 4' of snow right now, but by mid Feb. it could be 10'. And it doesn't usually start to melt until mid to late March. I would take no snow, any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it may not have met the requirements, but it certainly is darling. . . .he does appear to be in love, doesn't he!
    And that's ok about the BB game. No harm, no foul. Didn't even know they were playing. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable too! I love the papers and colors you used. I have to get that image. I'm off to shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda