Friday, January 20, 2012

Love Is Blooming

Handmade flowers, that's what Totally PaperCrafts, hostess with the mostest Lorraine or more commonly known as LOLs, wants to see this week.  I love fiddling around with paper and this flower was so fun to make.  In person the flower is a beautiful deep red.  Actually it is SU's Cherry Cobbler, but it sure doesn't look good in this photo.  I have to say that I am VERY DISAPPOINTED at my photography skills on this.

Enough whining for now.  Here's how I made my flower.  I used my Spellbinders scalloped circles die and cut 3 graduated sizes out of the Cherry Cobbler card stock. I misted them with water and then just crumpled them up and molded them with my fingers.  I popped a brad through the center to hold them all together and then I misted it with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist.  When it was completely dry I distressed the edges with gold ink.  Very fun and therapeutic.


The image I used is a Sarah Kay called "Boy Whispering in Girls Ear".  It is a cutie pie I have had for awhile, but never used.  The DP is The Green Stack.  There is a precious little beaver hiding under the flower that I hated to cover, but I couldn't figure out how to tie it in with the Valentine theme.   I considered making up my own witty play on words, "Beaver Ever Mine" but my censor/critic DH wrinkled up his nose and shook his head when I suggested it.   It did provide a perfect place to pop my flower and leaves.

Let's see what you can come up with in the flower department.  You can use anything you want, paper punches, free hand, quilling, and flower soft.  Make up your project and post it here to join in the fun.  The lovely Melissa from Meljen Designs is our sponsor this week.  She will be awarding one lucky entrant  their choice of 4, yes I said 4 Digi Images!!!!  Want to see some more flowers, hop on over to the Totally PaperCrafts Blog and see what my marvelously talented teammates have come up with. 

                                                     
 

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda, love the deep rich colour, super cute image. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love the beautifully colored image and the flower is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is gorgeous! I think dark reds are hard to photograph. Your picture is just fine, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the image is lovely and the paper and simple design are fab ! I love the flower and am sure this looks even more stunning IRL ! what a fab way to make it using nestie circles ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya hun
    aww gorgeous card hun, fab colouring, luv the love beads, beautiful flower, piccies ok to me hun,have lovely weekend hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card linda,the image is so sweet and i love your stunning flower and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Linda, adorable image and love that flower...Hope you have a lovey weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Linda, great image and great use of beads too
    Have a great weekend
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! That bloom is gorgeous - it must be stunning IRL. Now, I could follow your instructions 'til the cows come home and never make anything as pretty as that.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet image, Linda. Awesome flower, love the color, so beautiful. Sounds easy, will give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card,Linda!the image is so cute and I love the flower!
    My blog was gone for a while too,blogger has been very naughty:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda