Monday, June 3, 2013

4 You Dad

Here is my third card as Guest Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenges.  This week they want to see your male cards.  I know, I know, I can hear your groans.  But, suck it up buttercup.  You know  you have all these special guys in your life and they are just not into flowers, lace, ribbons and glitter.
We have Father's Day coming up here in the US so it is a perfect timing.

Golf was a favorite of my husband's and mine before hubby got so sick, so this little guy tugged at my heart.  We still love golf, but now we watch it on TV.  He is a Phil Michelson fan.  I like Tiger Woods.  I know, I know, Tiger isn't a very nice person, but darn that guy can swing a golf club.  Can't help myself, he just amazes me when he is on his game.

This little guy is a brave child holding the ball on his head.  Sure does have a lot of faith in his Dad's swing.  I don't think I could  be that brave.  Nor would I allow one of my children to act as a Tee for their father! Remember  William Tell?

I colored the little guy with Copics, fussy cut him and the tees out.  Popped him on a grass hill made by tearing a piece of DP and inking the edges.  The sky was made with a Darice embossing folder and then sponged with blue ink.  Wasn't sure how to add a sentiment and I tried a flag, but that just didn't look right.  I decided to make a kite shape.  The 4 You is a SU stamp and the DAD is form PTI.  The gold borders are Elizabeth Crafts and the flags and string were created from scraps by yours truly.

So, do yourself a favor and pop on over here to see what the rest of the amazing designers have created for your inspiration.  You know you need some new ideas to case for those darling men in your life.  We would love for your to join in the fun too.  The challenge runs for  two weeks, so you have plenty of time to get designing.

11 comments:

  1. Now that is an enormous amount of faith that little mouse has. Maybe his dad is Tiger or Phil so he has no worries. Fabulous job on this one and I am envious of your cutting skills. Love that kite with the sentiment. Like you, my Hubby and I watch TV golf. We have never even attempted to play a real game. I'm sorry to hear your hubby is not able to play any more. You must have been very disappointed this week. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card makes me squeal with delight, the image is so very adorable! Fabulous coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda
    What a fab male card, love your papers and image. Great design too.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to say background not papers hun.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Linda :-) I LOVE this image ! why haven't I got it !! I will have to remedy that, soooo cute ! :-) I sure hope whoever he is 'teeing' for has a good swing !! oh my goodness the consequences don't bear thinking about !!! ,,, hehe

    sorry to hear your hubby is unwell, hope he's OK xx

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous little scene great colours and brill card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Linda, really cheerful with all the brightly coloured tees and love the cloud background!! Have a great week, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so stunning linda.i love the image and your colouring and design are fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda awww this super cute wee mousey has some guts sitting there holding that Tee..lol
    lots of cutting & sniping for this card..love the colours, sentiment kite works sp well..thanks for another stunning GDT contribution to the HM challs.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this is darling! It is even more special since it is meaningful to you and your husband. Sorry to hear he had to move to enjoying Golf on TV. My DH and I didn't have a love of golf but his health has stopped us from doing many things we use to enjoy so I know the feeling. We just have to discover new joys right? Fab card as usual - your cards are always so special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not groaning, I'm smiling at this adorable card! I love the golf theme - so perfect for Dad along with those clouds and that awesome kite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda