Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fun With Color Burst


 
       




I recently had the opportunity to take a class at Scrapbooks By the Sea taught by Ken Oliver featuring his Color Burst Paints.  Let me first give you my major disclosure - I am NOT an artist and these cards are proof.  The reason I am posting these cards, is to show what the novice crafter can achieve using the paints and stamps Ken has designed.  The class was a blast and I went home and finished the first 4 cards.

I added some sequins, Stickles, seed beads, Flower Soft, ribbon, charms and string.  The charms, flowers and butterflys on the first 4 cards are all from Ken Oliver.  The last card was made using a script stamp from Impression Obsession and a Bird stamp from Penny Black and a Butterfly stamp from WOW.   The little lilac flowers are a die from Impression Obsession.

The last card is something I created while playing around with the paints at home.  Yes I bought 2 sets of them at class  Sorry, but I was hooked.  The paints are powder form and react with water.  They remind me of alka seltzer.  When you drop a "poof" of them on watercolor paper and spritz with water, the most glorious colorbursts appear.  Too much fun I promise you.  After all isn't that what crafting is all about?


Challenges I plan to enter:
http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2016/05/no-designer-paper.html


5 comments:

  1. Love the cards Linda. I was sorry that I wasn't there to take the class.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan. We missed you. I told Ken about the technique you showed us with the straw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FABULOUS!! I love those color burst ... the colors are so vibrant! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda