Thursday, August 26, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football


We are Packer fans in this household. Sorry Bobby, I know I was raised in Redskin territory and living in Panther land but the heart still is for the Pack. My husband wears these ridulous green and gold shorts with green and gold socks and navy and white tennis shoes. I cringe everytime he goes out of the house in them. I am so afraid someone will see me with him. At least he leaves his cheesehead at home.

When I saw this digi over at The Digi Shack, I had to have it. I did some paper piecing on this. I printed the digi on white paper and also on dark green cardstock. I ran the chair and ottoman pieces through my cuddle bug using my Stampin UP square lattice embossing folder. I cut the lamp shade out of the green and white paper and popped it up. I found the Packer clock on the Packer store website, copied and pasted to my computer, shrunk it, printed it and cut it out. I used the stiffling technique on the walls of the room. Simple, quick and easy card.

I have plans to send to someone special in Wisconsin. Maybe I will have to give it up and do it in red and gold for the Redskins. Will that make you happy Brother Bob?

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you and why don't you just hop over to The Digi Shack and see what goodies you can find for yourself. Click on the title "Are You Ready For Some Football" and it will take you there. Thanks for checking in and remember "GO PACK"!

4 comments:

  1. I do not have a clue who pack is presume football - sorry - funny when you read posts from over the water as you just presume everyone knows what you are on about.Fab paper piecing - love this image too.
    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. turSorry Sarah, I know what you mean about the differences. I love reading some of your terms and trying to figure them out. Who knew paper crafting would become an International lesson. Got love this computer world!

    You were right they are football teams. The Packers are from Wisconsin, Redskins are from Washington DC and the Panthers are from North Carolina. Americans do love their football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Kahuna sittin' in that chair!!!??? I love this card!! Great paper piecing ~jeni <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card, Linda! I love that image, too....it's so cute, and has so many possibilities. Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda