Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sassy Cheryls Callenge 23 - Altered Notebooks


I have been wanting to do this for quite sometime. This week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge made me get my act in gear. Thanks Cathy for "giving me the nudge". I love making these books. They make wonderful gifts as journals, address books, recipe books, date books. The first one I made was a Technique Book for all the little things I have learned in the paper crafting world. I made one to keep in my purse to jot down ideas when I am away from my craft room. (That didn't work well, it was too big and got kinda yucky looking).

All the back to school notebooks are on sale right now and it is tax-free weekend in South Carolina so I picked up a composition book to use as a journal. We all know journals are for keeping secrets so this little sweetie looked like she was sharing a secret with the bear. I know it is called "You have a Bee on Your Nose", but that is the thing I love about Sassy Cheryls digis, they just fuel my imagination. I use them over and over again for so many different occassions.

I covered the inside and outside of the front and back covers. The papers are from the So Sophie collection. I used my new favorite embossing folder from Stampin Up and the scalloped border punch is from EK Success. I cut the flowers out of left over scraps and used my Copics to color the image. I made a book mark by tying a piece of ribbon (Paper Trey Ink) and gluing two flowers back to back with some strong glue dots.

Leave me a comment and let me know your ideas for an altered book! Christmas is coming and I am looking for ideas. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Lovin' the color combo. I just adore this image and your creation is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one friend who would love to get one of these....hint, hint! She does look like she is telling a secret. Clever!!! I love the papers you chose for this. Fabulous!!! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable, Thanks for creating this wonderful altered notebook for my Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRECIOUS! Perfect image for a journal! I love it! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge. Be sure to join us tomorrow for a new one. Be sure to check out Cheryl's new little boy version of this image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda