Saturday, November 20, 2010

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, Oh Yeah

Sassy Cheryl's Digi Dance Partners looks like a little girl dancing while dreaming of something wonderful.  What could be more wonderful this time a year for a little girl than dreaming of Santa's visit and anticipating all the presents he will bring

I used my Copics to color the girl and dress.  She has her shiny tap shoes on courtesy of Glossy Accents.  I freehanded (and I am not an artist) a Christmas tree in her background using my Prisma Color Pencils and some sparkly chalk for accents and blending.  The DP is Traditions by Michelle and the card stock is SU.  I had a piece of blue foil paper in my stash that I punched out the presents and used for the accent strips.  I typed the sentiment on my computer onto white paper which I ran through the CB using the Allegro embossing folder to make it look like sheet music.  I used the circle and large scallop circle from Nestibilities.  The little green trees were punched from a very old punch which I could not identify.  Of course you see the tulle bow and a MS snowflake.  Tulle must go with Christmas, because I have used it on my last 3 projects.

The colors on the card are so much prettier in person.  I have been told I need a new camera, but I think I am going to try and build a light box like Shirley has in Tazmania.  Looks kinda easy and maybe it will give truer images for my blog.

Hope you enjoy.  If you want to play along click here, pick up a digi make a Christmas card and enter it here, and you may win a Gift Certificate from Sassy Cheryl.,  So get busy you only have until Monday night and you know you have a bunch of Christmas cards to make anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps she is thinking about Santa. It certainly is possible! This is beautiful and I LOVE the sparkling chalk you used. She's beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda- I would have never thought of using that image for Christmas, Great card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sing it girl friend!!
    Wonder if she is hoping for Copics???
    Such a cutie patootie! Your background tree looks great and I love the little trees around the edge of your image. ~jeni ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh... total cuteness going on here.. love your cleaver sketch and scene..
    So glad you joined us in the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this, Linda! Love it! So very happy you joined us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda