Friday, November 25, 2011

You've Got To Be Kidding!

Christmas morning came with anticipated joy 
with visions of toys for this little Boy
He awoke with a start and went straight down stairs
To find all the toys Santa was sure to have left there.
Not a gift was in sight
And that caused him a fright.
He ran for his stocking
But when he was peeking
He started to frown.
Oh No, he exclaimed
Only coal could be found!

Isn't he a cutie.  He is called Stocking Full of Coal.  He is one of that Sassy Cheryl Alger's creations.  I just love her sassy little people.  That may have something to do with me being a Sassy ole' thing myself. There's a whole lots of stuff going on with this card.  I colored with Copics a bit, paper pieced a bit, embossed a bunch, a bit of bling, ribbon, sports buttons and even a bit of crackled glaze on the coal.  The  Sassy gals have issued another "Anything Goes Challenge" this week.  I like those challenges, because you can just create whatever you are in the mood to do.  I am definitely in the Christmas mood for sure.  What are you in the mood to do?  Post something and share with us.  There is a gift certificate at stake here for you.

I would also like to enter this card in the following challenges:



13 comments:

  1. Awesome! Gorgeous DP and great texture going on. Love the ornaments going down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sassy! Aren't you Mz. Linda! hee hee!
    Love the post title and adore that poem. Adorable card. . . .as always! love it. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or not, though. How about you?
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a sweetie. Colored up beautifully! Love the poem.......

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, how fun is this card and your poem, had to leave your some love :) Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his pj's hun
    Great card
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol... too cute Linda!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaawwwww bless him, maybe he should have been good lol...brilliant image Linda and I love how you used him
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the poor little chap! but a great card all the same!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such the poet Linda!! Your Grands would be proud of this one. Your poor little fella is adorable! Love the embossing and you know I love that gingham bow. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for playing along with our challenge this week at CRAFT,super card, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute Linda and the sentiment is perfect, though I don't think he will get any takers. Great rhyming skills too :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I obviously haven't been keeping up with you as you've been one very busy crafter. I adore this card and that tree with that little fellow is priceless. I wouldn't want to be his parents would you? This is truly an Anything Goes all the way down to techniques used. Oh and I adore the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda