Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hoopy Birthday Chase

Well the Digi Doodle Girls are making cards for the men/boys in their lives today.  I don't know about you, but I always have a challenge making a male card.  I want to put bows on everything and guys just seem to want things plain and tailored.  Well this is a great digi that I got over at the Digi Doodle Shop.  It is called All Star and you can get him here.

He is perfect for my basketball playing, 6'7" grandson, Chase's birthday card.  I colored his uniform red because his school colors are red and black and I like being able to personalize it.  My baby is turning 18 on March 3rd and graduates from high school this year.  Sob Sob.  I don't know why these babies have to grow up so fast, and this one really grew up lol.

I was so pleased the way my Cuddlebug Star Embossing folder embossed the red and kraft papers.  That folder makes such deep and dramatic creases and I think it just "popped" this card.  The net back ground is pieces of dry wall tape.  I love using it because it adds interesting texture and is self-adhesive too.  I did manage a piece of plaid ribbon (no bow though) to run through the center of the card.  Added some black pearls and a sentiment.  The sentiment was found at Tiddly Winks and I believe it is a free one.

Quick and simple but I think Chase will like it.  If not he will swear he does and I know he will like the check going inside the card.  LOL.

So get going - really challenge yourself  this week.  Hide all your lace and bows and come up with a card fit for the man in your life.  Join us over at the Digi Doodle Challenge Blog and you just may win a $10.00 gift card to shop your sweet little heart out!  They are having an awesome sale on their love/heart/Valentine digis too.  Whatcha waitin' for?  Hop on over there quick like a bunny.

Ya'll have a great week.  May your health be good, the weather sunny and  your MOJO in tip-top shape.  Hugs Peeps.
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow - 6'7"!! I thought my son was tall at 6'3". He is going to love this card Linda. Love the colours and the embossed panels.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness 6'7" you must get a neck ache looking up at him. This card is fabulous sweetie. I love it all and I am sure he will.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you need to put a brick on his head so he can't grow any taller! Super card for his birthday, I know he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Linda, I like the image and the colours, I thought my step son was tall at 6'5" but your Grandson beats that.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like to grow them tall in our family!!!
    Linda, Chase is going to love this card. There is a pretty good resemblance here. I loooove the netting and the star folder really does pop out at ya. Great card!!! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great care Linda, love the embossed panels too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card hun, and I hope your grandson loves it. My uncle, btw is 6' 7". He's retired now, but was an athele coach for Jr. high.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic male card linda.fab papers and design and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for a young man. Wow, a 6'7" grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Linda. Colors are fabulous and the embossing adds a nice touch! See you this weekend hopefully <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda