Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine Rockin' Serenade

Another Valentine from me.  When I saw this image over at Mo's Digital Pencil Too Store I popped it into my cart immediately.  This one is for Grandson #2 who loves to play the air guitar.  His favorite song at the moment is" Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osborne.  The first line is "All Aboard" and he jumps up and starts strumming his air guitar.  His second favorite song is "Jump" by Eddie Van Halen and that is perfect for the "Craft Garden Inspirational Picture Challenge"  It is a picture of a girl jumping so it is just perfect.  Although this is not my kind of music, I do enjoy both of these songs especially when being entertained by most wonderful Finny.

I have stretched my creative genius (tongue in cheek) turning this card into a Valentine.  It is definitely Non-Traditional.  I designed it especially for the recipient and I think he will enjoy this much more than the typical red and pink and white card with hearts and frills.  I used my Copics to color the image called, appropriately enough, "Air Guitar"which you can get  here. I typed his favorite songs and artists on the computer and then punched them out with a CM star punch.  The guitar is one I Googled and then printed out.  It was black and white and didn't really match with my DP so I used Aleena's Paper Glaze to make it shine then colored over the entire guitar with Copic Y21 to change the hues..  Green & Blue DP is BoBunny and the plaid is from the Paper Studio I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The Happy Valentine sentiment is a stamp I picked up at Artful Legacy.  The green card stock is DCWV.

Well I'm off to bake a Sour Cream Coffee Cake.  Jeni and her Mom, Jan are coming over for coffee and crafting in the morning.  If you are in the neighborhood, feel free to pop it.  I can always set up another table for you .

I believe most of the people in the US will be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday night. My Packers are not playing, so I guess I am going to have to I will have to cheer for the  NY Giants!  This will definitely make Cheryl Alger happy for sure.   So happy weekend to you all, no matter what your plans are.  Hugs!  Linda

I am going to enter this into the following Challenges:

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge - Anything Goes
The Craft Garden - Jumping Inspirational Picture

9 comments:

  1. You're such a good grandma to personalize a valentine for your grandchildren. He's going to love this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for a young man! I love the electric guitar and that plaid paper! So glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning male card linda.i love your bold colours and the image is fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, Thanks you for joining in with us at The Craft Garden this month.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the Van song - not sure on the Ozzy one...Wish I lived near you to have crafting day - alas though I dont do coffee cake - so this week I will give it a miss if thats ok...You two can gain the extra pounds!
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Linda!! Looks even better in person. Thanks for having us over on Saturday, we had a blast. Your coffee cake was really yummy too!! Lol
    ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this rock and roll guy. Great job and thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda...well, let me tell ya, I'm all about non-traditional Valentines!! I love this card...and it'll be perfect for your air-guitar-playing grandson!! He is surely going to love this!! I am just as tickled as I can be that you've joined us this week at Mo's for this fun "anything goes" challenge! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a perfect card for your Grandson! Love it.
    Wish I lived closer, would love to join you for some crafting time!! Enjoy.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda