Thursday, July 25, 2013

Jennifer's Doll (I mean my Grandma's Doll)


I follow Christy and the Tiddly Inks Group on Facebook because I love little Wren.  I have made many Wren cards for my granddaughters and for friends and they are always a hit.  Christy also offered a little dog "Kiki" that is a freebie and looks like my Bonnie.  I have used her alone on a card and also popped her in on many other cards.   I didn't plan to enter the DT Call because I was a bit intimidated, but Christy sent out this encouraging email to everyone and I gave in to the temptation.

 I went to my Tiddly Ink file only to find Kiki had disappeared.  OH NO what now?  Well silly, pop over to the store and see if she is still there.  Guess what she was still in the freebie section too.  Whoo Hoo.  While I was there, I found "Jennifer's Doll" and my heart skipped a beat.  She was so precious and I had never done anything with an image like her before.  

My grandma had a  "rag doll" she let me play with when I visited her home.  She would never let me take it home, because she wanted me to have something to play with when I visited.  I was always full of anticipation when we were riding the train to her house.  I wish I had that doll today, but no one could find it when my Grandma passed.  Maybe she took her to heaven with her.

Poor Kiki is still uncolored on my desk along with the stack of suitcases (also a freebie).  When I colored "Jennifer's Doll" , she just was so darling that she carried the card all by herself.  I tired to color her body  to resemble the fabric of my Grandma's doll.  I wanted it to look kind of splotchy and a bit dirty.  Not sure if I achieved my goal, but it was as close as I could do.  She is so simple that I wanted to make my card feminine but understated.

I smile when I look at her, so if I don't win, it was still worth the trip down memory lane.  I am keeping this card on the easel by my desk.  I really don't think  I could part with this card right now.

Happy Crafting,

Linda

Card Recipe:
DP -Little Yellow Bicycle
Ribbon, Flower and Brad from my stash
Coloring Medium - Copics
Fancy Flourish DieNamics, My Favorite Stamps
Sentiment - Penny Black , Summer Fun
Tab Punch- Stampin Up
Green Candy Dots - Peebles, Inc
All of the above, except , my stash, came from Scrapbooks By The Sea, my LSBS

Additional Challenges I Plan to Enter are:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 54 - Anything Goes with a Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderful colors and coloring! Good luck with the DT call, I think you'd be a real asset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card Linda. So glad you decided to try your hand at the DT Call - you never know, and isn't it better to try? I can tell you first handedly that I was intimated the first few months of being on the Tiddly Inks DT, but I let my love of the images and cardmaking push me through and now I'm only mostly intimidated. :D Goodluck and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your card is lovely and I so love the story about your grandmother's doll...Those memories are the best. Good Luck in the DT Call...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet image and story Linda - you have so much heart and it comes through in everything you make and write. Your card is precious! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. أفضل شركات صيانة الأفران

    من أهم النصائح التي يمكن تقديمها للعميل أن يبحث عن شركة تقدم الخدمة داخل مدينته أو منطقته. وجود الفني بالقرب من المنزل يقلل وقت الانتظار ويساعد في الحصول على خدمة أسرع، كما يسهل إجراء زيارات المتابعة إذا احتاج الإصلاح إلى ذلك.
    إذا كنت تبحث عن فني متخصص
    ومن الأفضل إرسال موديل الجهاز أو صورة لوحة البيانات للفني عند التواصل معه إذا طلب ذلك، لأن هذه المعلومات قد تساعد في تحديد نوع قطع الغيار المناسبة.

    أن تنظيف الفرن لا يغني عن الصيانة إذا كان هناك عطل فني، كما أن الصيانة لا تعني بالضرورة تنظيف جميع أجزاء الجهاز.
    قد يؤدي تراكم الدهون وبقايا الطعام إلى ظهور روائح غير مرغوبة أو دخان أثناء التشغيل، كما أن تراكم الأوساخ داخل بعض المناطق قد يؤثر على الاستخدام.
    لذلك يمكن لمن يبحث عن الخدمة الاستعانة بخدمات صيانة وتنظيف افران بالمدينة المنورة، مع السؤال مسبقًا عن تفاصيل التنظيف والأجزاء التي تشملها الخدمة.
    ومن المهم عدم استخدام مواد تنظيف قوية أو سوائل بالقرب من الأجزاء الكهربائية، لأن ذلك قد يؤدي إلى تلف بعض المكونات.
    في جدة تتعدد خيارات خدمات صيانة الأجهزة المنزلية، ولذلك يجب على العميل إجراء مقارنة قبل اتخاذ القرار.
    يمكن البحث عن صيانة افران جدة، ثم مقارنة الخبرة والأسعار وسرعة الاستجابة وتوفر قطع الغيار والضمان.
    ومن الأفضل عدم الاعتماد على تقييم واحد أو إعلان واحد، بل تكوين صورة شاملة عن مستوى الخدمة.
    إذا كنت تستخدم الفرن بصورة مستمرة، فمن المفيد الاحتفاظ ببيانات فني متخصص يمكن التواصل معه عند ظهور أي مشكلة.
    وعند البحث عن صيانة افران خميس مشيط، حاول معرفة ما إذا كانت الشركة تقدم صيانة منزلية وما أنواع الأفران التي يتعامل معها الفني.
    تحتاج بعض الأفران الحديثة إلى فني لديه خبرة في الأنظمة الإلكترونية بالإضافة إلى المكونات التقليدية.
    لذلك عند البحث عن صيانة افران مكة، اسأل عن خبرة الفني في موديل الفرن الخاص بك، ولا تبدأ الإصلاح قبل معرفة المشكلة والتكلفة المتوقعة.
    من العلامات التي تستدعي فحص الفرن عدم ثبات درجة الحرارة، أو تأخر التسخين، أو توقف الجهاز أثناء التشغيل.
    وفي الطائف يمكن للعميل البحث عن صيانة افران الطائف واختيار الشركة التي توفر تشخيصًا واضحًا وإصلاحًا مناسبًا مع ضمان على الخدمة إذا كان متاحًا.
    إذا لاحظت مشكلة في فرن المطبخ، فلا تحاول إصلاح الأجزاء الداخلية بنفسك، خصوصًا إذا كان الجهاز يعمل بالكهرباء أو الغاز.
    وبدلًا من ذلك، يمكنك البحث عن صيانة افران ابها ومقارنة الشركات بناءً على الخبرة والتكلفة وسرعة الوصول والضمان.

    4568345##

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda