Friday, August 2, 2013

Better Not Pout

Hello chickadees, I am back with another Sassy Cheryl digi.  This one is for Deep Ocean Challenges and Sassy Cheryl is sponsoring this week.  I popped over to check out the blog and was amazed at the talent I saw.  Yeah a new blog to snoop at and you know how I love to snoop.  Their challenge this week is Christmas in July.  I am now their newest follower.

I think I have used this darling Santa a gazillion times since buying it but I am still in love with it.  This time I colored it up a bit with my Copics.  I added some chunky glitter (MS) to the fur on the hat and fussy cut the image out.  I glued the image to the holly oval that is a design on the Bo Bunny paper.  The flowers  and the trinket are from the same collection.  I got a bit carried away with the chunky glitter and  glittered the edges of the flowers too.  I distressed the edges, added some ribbon and a Petalloo pin, copper Nail Heads, and gold border stickers from Elizabeth Crafts to the edges for a finishing touch.

If you would like a new, or if you are already familiar with Deep Ocean Challenges pop over here.  If you post a Christmas creation in their 2 week challenge you could be the winner of some fabulous Sassy Cheryl Digis.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas where there is Peace on Earth and lots and lots and lots of presents under the tree with my name on all of  them.  :)

9 comments:

  1. so stunning linda.your santa is fabulous and i love your rich colours and sparkle :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa looks so cute!!
    and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Spinner card tutorial
    Do give it one more try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the sweet santa image,the flower and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love this Santa, its one of my favorites! Great card and lovely background! Off to check out the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you have used this Santa a gazillion times....he is adorable! Thanks for your encouragement on the copics issue! I'm enjoying using the few I have but I can see it costing me a gazillion (to quote you) dollars! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I am loving the warm inviting feel to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Linda. Great image choice and you've colored him up fabulous! I love the deep pink and red tones to this card and hellloooo, you can never use too much glitter ;) Hugs and have a great week my friend. -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby card, love the image and colours, thanks for sharing with us at Deep Ocean, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and fabulous creation Linda! Love how you add flower.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda