Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Snail Mail For Max - Hope It's Handmade


That Sassy Pat is the Hostess over at Sassy Cheryl's this week.   She wants to see some Birthday Cards.  I for one know that I cannot get enough of them built up in my stash.  Boy cards are always needed so I selected this image of Snail Mail For Max as my subject this week.  Someone has mailed Max a package and a letter.  Do I see a little heart on that letter?  I wonder if it smells like perfume?  Hmmmm, what does little Max have going on in his life?

Snail Mail for Max comes with this sentiment and a couple more.  There is even a stamp with hearts all over it.  You can pick this up for yourself in Sassy Cheryl's store by clicking here.  You could also get it free for yourself if you win the challenge this week.  All you have to do is use a design by Cheryl Alger and make it into a birthday something.  It could be a card, tag, whatever.  Just be sure and use a digi from Cheryl Alger , enter it here and the Random Thingee may choose you as winner.  Winner gets 2 free images from the Sassy Cheryl Store.

Did fate make me select this image this week? I chose this image of a mailbox and made the card last week. then Sunday morning we woke up to discover that  someone had smashed our mail box. We had to buy a new one and my Granddaughter and I installed it today in the rain.  We live on the main street in our subdivision and Saturday night someone drove down my street and took a baseball bat to the mailboxes on my side of the street.  My husband said he was going to get a 410 shotgun and some rock salt pellets.  He plans on shooting them right in the ------.  He said it won't kill them, but they won't be sitting for a long time.  LOL

Well hop on over to the Sassy Cheryl website and check out the other creations my design team sistahs have made this week.  I just love seeing the talent in these lovely ladies.  Every week it gets better and better.

Have a good one and make sure crafting is built into your schedule this week.


11 comments:

  1. Grrrr on your smashed mailbox! love the rock salt idea *wink*
    Well, girl, great minds.... Max is so cute, love the added grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable little scene, Linda. I like the safety pin and charm. Sorry about the vandalism.... It's really a shame. The rock salt idea is pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story about mailbox LInda! :) It's all about mailbox ... even your card! Love your card. Grass looks great!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we can be thankful that we no longer have outhouses, otherwise, that would have been turned over instead! Cute card and such a cute image! Love the colors and background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Birthday Card Linda....So adorable my friend...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, this is so adorable. Max is as happy as I am when there is a package in the mailbox! Great papers and colors too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is just adorable, love the image you chose, sorry to hear about your real mailbox, darn kids huh...at least the ornery ones :) At least Max had a neat one to check !!! Wonderful challenge card GF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little sweetie he is Linda...
    FABulous colours and I LOve your design and these embellishments..Good job I'm good at cross words lol..filling in the blanks!
    Chrissyxx
    In answer to your long ago question?? I stamped it three times and heated it with the glue gun ever time. then popped into the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, love this card! So sorry about the mailbox...had to laugh at your DH's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Linda! Sorry to hear about your mailbox! That sucks! Hope they don't come back...I can imagine that getting shot with salt pellets might not be all that much fun!! Hey...take a pic of your new craftroom when you get it all arranged! I bet it'll be fab! Plus your mom's spirit will be there to keep you company...and give you ideas when you get stuck! hehe! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coloring job on this, Linda! Everything works together so well on this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda