Sunday, August 4, 2013

Play Time

Twinkling H2O  Desk

Twinkling H2O  on stamps, paint brush leaves and ink stamped butterfly and swirls

Twinkling H20 Detail Stamp Experiment

Twinkling H2O with Glimmer Mist Over and Distress Ink Stamping

I felt like having some play time Friday night and these are the results.  I recently took Cheryl Mezxetti's Mixed Media Class.  I bought some Twinkling H2O paints and had not played with them.  I watched some You Tube videos and then started to play.
In these examples I am using Strathmore Water Color paper. 

Example 1:  I used a paint brush to paint  a stamp with H2Os.  These stamps have a thicker surface and the design of the stamp shows.  I used a paint brush and some colored pencils to define the leaves and stems which I didn't stamp clearly.  The blue is a combination of H2O, Brilliance Sky Blue ink, Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac and Lemonade.  I stamped over in black with a detailed butterfly stamps.  

Example 2:  H2Os on  lacy detail stamps.  The fine lines in the stamp are not clearly defined.  In hindsight, maybe I had to much paint on the stamp, or too much water.  I tried cutting it down and using a corner punch and popped a couple of pearls on there.  I originally thought that I could salvage it for a embellishment on a card or SB page.  Now that I look at it, it could be a coaster lol. 

Example 3:  I used Shaded Lilac Distress Ink  and stamped the purple flowers.  I decided to use the Distress Inks because of the uneven way the ink lays on the paper.  I really liked my flowers but then tried to stamp some Lemonade flowers and I didn't like that at all.  To try to disguise that, I too a paint brush and painted some yellow here and there.  I was having fun with the brush, so I tried it with green, pink and  blue H2Os.I used a sponge dauber and sponged gold ink on it too.

The top photo has a couple of round discs showing.  That was another experiment .  I took a mesh background stamp and stamped a white piece of paper.  I punched out circles and then I flipped it over and punched out scalloped circles.  I plan on popping a button in the center of these to use in the future as embellishments.  I didn't realize they were showing in the picture.  Sorry about the glare on this pic.  I tried to take one without it, but it just wasn't happening.

So all in all I don't like any of them, but I do like bits of each.  I had a great time just playing and trying out different things.  I now have a better feel for the Twinkling H2Os.  I am still in love with the mica in the paint making it twinkle.   Great learning time and the most important thing was I had fun.  I never knew there was a Monet hiding deep, very very deep, inside of me.

Entering this in Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday






4 comments:

  1. Linda this looks like so much fun. Great choices of butterflies/swirls and floral elements. I really like the texture of Strathmore watercolor paper here. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you're getting in touch with your inner Monet to me :) Can't wait to see more! Have a great week my friend! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one has pretty results! Love having playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know I love it. Already told you that! It looks SUPER fun! And what a great way to spend a Friday! Did you have wine? LOL
    Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Linda! I've just placed my order Silks---I'll be experimenting, too! These are so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda