Monday, October 11, 2010

Flying By To Say Hi

I made this card for one of my 5 grandchildren.  I now have all 5 cards done so I finally ( I think) finished with Halloween.  I just love the holiday and there is so much out there to stir your imagination.  I may still make some treat bags and I will post them if I do, so check back by.

The Sassy Girls want us to do paper-piecing this week.  I have paper pieced the witches dress and hat, used my copics to color her and double popped her up to simulate flying.  I left her legs and the broom free to dangle and it looks so cute in person.    The black and orange polka-dot paper is from Frances Meyer and the rest of the paper is from Stampin Up. The large stars are a Sizzix die cut and the small stars are (I think) Creative Memories stickers.  I popped a few peach colored jewels in the sky for effect.  The little frog is a stamp from Stampin UP and I colored him and popped him up too for dimension.  The ribbon is from Michaels $1.00 bin and the scalloped ovals are punches.  The flying by sentiment is from my stash and I don't know who made it.  There is a little orange heart button on the bow from my stash too.  I used one of my favorite card styles and that is the easel card.  I just love the way it displays the card.  My grans keep these on their shelves in their room, so it also serves as a little Halloween bling for their rooms too.

Hope you enjoy and Happy Haunting to all!

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute Linda! I love all the embellishments. Your bow looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person. Hope you have enjoyed your day off. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as can be, Linda. 5 grandchildren, you lucky lady! Five kids and not a single grandchild for me yet!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda