Monday, August 22, 2011

Chocolate, The Quicker Picker Upper

Sassy Jeni challenged us to use stitches this week over at Sassy Cheryl' Challenge Blog.  Well I dutifully pulled out the old Singer and stitched up these papers and also sewed those two heart buttons on the card.  The little image is called "Cup of Cocoa" and you can get her here.  In fact Cheryl is giving us a Back To School discount on all stamps until Labor Day.  So what better time than right now to pick up some of her cuties.  I myself would have everyone in the store.  The are absolutely the Sassiest!

I thought this would be a good card to cheer someone up or to invite a friend over for coffee, latte or hot chocolate.  I also thought she looked like she was patting the chair cushion as if to say, "If you can't say something nice about someone, come sit next to me".  Remember that line from Steel Magnolias.  One of my very very very favorite movies.  Now those Steel Magnolias had some Southern Sass, didn't they?

Ok enough already, here's my recipe:

  DP - My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose.  The aqua pillows and head cover are the flip side of the yellow gingham checked.  The aqua is from My Little Shoebox, the pearly-white shiny scalloped is from my stash.  The pink and white ticking paper is from my stash too.

Card stock is Stampin Up and the white I printed the digi on is Cryogen White from the Paper Temptress.  Still my absolute favorite to color on.

Sentiment is from none other than the very talented TLC Creations.

Image was cut with Spellbinder's Square and colored with Copics and I paper-pieced the chair and pillows.  Doily, ribbon and buttons are from my stash.

Definitely a girly girl card.  My husband's comment was "ummm pretty.  I think you just like to color don't you"?  Well DUH!


13 comments:

  1. This really is adorable, Linda. The layers and paper piecing are perfect with this sweet digi. I actually had this image in mind for this week's challenge and changed directions at the last minute!! LOL!

    Men don't understand the therapeutic advantages of coloring, do they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderfully sweet card hun! I love the colours, the papers, the way you have put the whole thing together. It's just divine! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic paper piecing! Love the colors and yes, the card is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda...did I ever chuckle when I saw your hubby's comment...sounds like my sweet hub...well, they try! hehehe!! Your hubby is right...your card is very pretty! In fact, I love it! And I soooooo need this sassy image to come live with me! I love your papers...and your paper piecing is fabulous!! And...now I need some chocolate! It's always such fun to see you, Linda...thanks for playing with all of us at Sassy Chery's! Big hugs! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Linda!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! I love the stitching, it adds that extra something. And I just love chocolate! What girl doesn't :)
    Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enough already. . . .that's FUNNY!
    Loving this gorgeous card Linda! It's stunning and I just LOVE HUGE bow. Too cute.
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scalloped edges on this card. And the colors are so light and bright.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paper piecing. Great card
    Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Linda!! You know I love quilts and this looks quilted to me. Love her paper pieced chair. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. well your husband is quick isnt he...that dosent take long to figure out lol...it is really girly and the colours are so lush together
    Mina xxx
    p.s. me?...whisky?...never 'hic' lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very affordable since splashthat.com there is no much wastefulness of the bags. Official Website The fast marinate is a terrific feature for Mighty Mutt MPV-18 Vacuum Sealer Review anybody who likes to marinate different kinds of foods within minutes.Vacuum Sealer This an unbelievable means of maintaining Vacuum Sealer 2017 your food taste and also consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the seat setting up from revolving laterally in an accident.wordpress.com/ There are also fold-out side-impact tools which add to the baby's Website security in the seat, as well as greater than ample padding throughout.6 best high chairs Review This Cybex seat is very easy to make use of, with 2 exceptions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda