Sunday, August 28, 2011

PARTY.COM

It's your birthday and Sir Oliver is oh soooo excited about it!  Isn't he the cutest thing?  How do you like that plush, regal pillow he rules from?  I won him from the Digi Doodle Shop and I also found this free (yes I said free) sentiment there too! Oh and guess what?  There's a sale going on there too!

I colored him with my Copics, took a brush and added some light spots of Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in his fur.  Sir Oliver is cut out with my round Spellbinder and the mat is cut with my brand new "Floral Doily Motif" spellbinder.  The hat is a Sissix die. Both of the designer papers are from the DCWV pad, "The Linen Closet".  I love the soft shades of this pad and lots of glitter in just the right place too.  The craft card stock is
SU and I am not sure if the textured card base is SU or some I picked up at Michaels or AC Moore.

The border punches are MS Presents and the Paw Prints is from EK Success.  When I first saw the presents, I thought they needed a little glitz so I used some Star Dust Stickles.  After I did that I thought it was too much.  I punched another border and glued it directly on top of the first glittered one.  I really liked the dimension and  it allowed just the right amount of sparkle to shine through.  The sparkle yarn is from my stash.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Digi Doodles Shop - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - It's A Sketch
Crazy 4 Challenges #C4C102- Anything Male
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Glitter It
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Dies to Die For

Look at what retirement has done for me.  I surf, craft and nap.  All is well in my world.  Here's hoping all is well in yours too!  Have a great week!  Lots of Hugs!



13 comments:

  1. How regal does Sir Oliver look all snooty and pompous, don't you just love him. Your colouring of him is fabulous. Love it.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, love the punchwork and Sir O looks great! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes ’ Challenge’ at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. We hope to see you again next week!
    Debbie Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lind the presents border add so nicely to the festive look

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying yr retirement hun...fab card love both MS punches I need to shop for more and more nesties - more of everything really...just goes on and on...
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute! I love the image you used and the fancy punch border.

    --Cheryl--
    **Stop by my blog to check out my Halloween blog candy**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! I love the pooch. Wish you didn't live so far away else I would raid your punches! Glad you are enjoying retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhhh Im so sorry to hear about your 'enforced' retirement but at least it gives you more time to craft, great idea moving your craft space from your kitchen because then you wont be tempted to clean and cook as well as craft lol...he is a real sweetie I love his little face
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, he's adorable, Linda!! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving so much love for me. I'm glad I'm back now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's one regal pup! Cute card, Linda. I love that paper stack too, one of my favs.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do accept the Versatile Blogger Award from my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image,and love the punched borders. Thanks so much for joining in with the Charisma Cardz challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card. I love the colour scheme and the glitter looks so pretty. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda