Monday, August 8, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Fun #36

Sorry for the shabby photographer skills.  It is late and I should be in bed (work day tomorrow).  I didn't realize that I had it off center of the white background until I cropped.  I was too tired to go back and take another photo.  You can still see this fabulous card so I posted as is.


I can say fabulous because although I made the card, I didn't design it.  Kim Hecker a member of our Inky Digits Card Club taught us all how to make this one.  It is a twisted easel and the stamps are Alice In Wonderland (I believe Clear Stamps, but not positive).  She took a hole punch and punched the holes all around the square then we sewed it with red satin ribbon.  Doesn't that red satin just punch this card right up?

It is hard to believe this talented woman has only been making cards for a few months! 

This is what I was doing on Tuesday night and willing to show all you nosy Sassettes.  If you thought you were going to see my workspace when I was attempting to design my Spinner Card, you were oh so very wrong.  No pictures were taken during that ordeal.  It was absolutely too painful.  Ha Ha.

So show us a picture of what is going on in your world or what you are working on.  Link it up here and you just might win a free digi from the Queen of Sass!  If not, you'll have fun peeking into our worlds  and you just might make new friends while you are at it.

Hugs, Linda

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card Linda, the red really does give it just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you little scaredy cat! Why not show it!!!! You're no fun! hee hee.
    This is an adorable card, Linda, and I love this vintage look. It's wonderful. And see, I wouldn't have noticed the picture off center if you hadn't mentioned it. Shhhhhh!
    Thanks for 'showing' what you were working on. Next time. . . .BE BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you're just no fun. However, I would have preferred a photo of you at your most exasperated point of the Spinner card. I love this twisted easel card and the red woven ribbon is just the Punch it needed to make the whole thing spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Yes, that red satin ribbon makes this already great card pop! Reminds me of those lace up cards we loved as kids!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda did you have that much trouble-- No wonder I too struggled to decorate mine after making it and exhausting all the creative energy!
    The stitching effect is cool!
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! I love how you walk us through the card making process. This card is very classy, great job!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's gorgeous, Linda. I'm in awe. Have never made a twisted easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow linda just love this card im new to all the different folds in cardmaking.This is one that looks fun i love the image

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, Linda. I like the playing cards as the stopper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda