Sunday, August 21, 2011

Under The Sea

I needed a special birthday card for a special little someone in my life.  I went searching and found this Mermaid over at the Digi Doodle's Shop.  Somehow it popped right into my cart and I am absolutely ecstatic that it did.  I colored her with my Copics and then used some yellow Stickles for sparkle.  Every mermaid has to shine, don't you agree?  I cut her out and popped her up on this gorgeous swirl paper from K& Co.  I thought it looked like swirls of ocean foam perfect for a Mermaid bed.  The background mat is from DCWV Linen Closet collection.  I corner punched with MS, cut slits with my Exacto Knife and slid the blue paper in.  Edged in flowing mermaid style with this iridescent wired ribbon and pearls.  I popped on three little seashell buttons and backed it all on a blue SU card stock.  She is so sparkly and pretty in real life.  This photo really doesn't do her justice.  Sparkles and my photography skills don't go very well together.   :(

I am entering her in the Digi Doodle Shop Recipe Challenge:  Ribbon, 2 backing papers, and 3 buttons.  This is my first recipe card and I found it to be a quick and allowed more flexibility than the sketch challenge.  Why not join me, it's fun and you just might win....

9 comments:

  1. Wow, she's beautiful! Love the swirl of pearls. Great card Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love this image and those shell buttons are perfect.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Linda, I love the ribbon and strands of pearls!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Linda and that ribbon looks fab, beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very pretty card Linda! And the star and clam buttons are just fabby! thank you for joining us at DDSC in our recipe challenge this week.
    Hugs. Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The ribbon is gorgeous and the tail looks awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at DDSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda I love the mermaid and the pearl swirls and the background matches so well!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.Love the sparkly mermaid's tail and the big bow.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card,love the big ribbon and the buttons, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda