Monday, August 8, 2011

When In Draught........

I made this for the CES challenge this week.  They challenged us to use water in our creation this week.  I was inspired by the terrible drought we have experienced this summer.  We finally got some rain last week, but my poor grass was crunchy and my flowers non-existent this year. This is a Sassy Cheryl digi called April Showers that you can get here.  I think she is precious and have had so much fun making her into several cards.  The flowers are Recollections, the Beautiful DP with all the cheerful colors is from the Garden Party Fields a Bloom collection from My Little Shoebox, LLC.  I used 3 different papers and used both sides of all 3. I just love this paper.  She is colored with Copics and the edges are distressed with Vintage Linen Distress Ink.  Paper Glaze was used on the water to give that wet illusion.  My most excellent sentiment was created by Me.

I had some trouble with my photography on this card.  The curly wires on the flowers were casting shadows on my card, so I used a white light filter from above.  It gave the card a soft cast.  Actually my papers and flowers are quite bright.  Not sure if I like the picture or the real card best.  Whatcha think?

They are having a new Sentimental Sunday Challenge and this week the challenge is to use flowers and a sentiment in the challenge.  I certainly see some flowers here and that catchy little sentiment you know who created is a shoe-in for a qualifier.  Come join us.

Thanks for stopping by now I'm off to do some blogging of my own.  Hugs, Linda

10 comments:

  1. How lovely are your blue flowers Linda
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I love the sentiment it's so perfect!! :0) And this is one of my favourite images, even though (shamefully) it's stil sat in my folder, uncoloured! :0)
    Hugs. Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love the image she is a sweetie & your colours are fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Linda. Love your coloring and dp. The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Linda what a perfect combination of lush papers and I love love love that cutie of an image...nice to hear you finally got rain but is it too late for your flowers?, I hope not
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is so cute. I could see a little one climbing into the tub to water a plant with their clothes on! Beautiful coloring and flowers too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a gorgeous card - love the colours and those flowers! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Thank you for joining our “Flowers” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~
    **Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect colouring!!! Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays Challenge. Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Good Luck! Hugs Annie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this is gorgeous and I love the sentiment. I'm so glad you rephotographed it, because you were right, the first photo didn't do it justice. We've gotten 2.25" in the last week FINALLY, so I know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda