Thursday, August 25, 2011

Storytime

Sassy Judy gave us a lavender, white and green challenge this week at SassyCheryl's.  Cheryl just put this sweet little Story Teller in her shop and I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!  When I saw it I thought about Goldilocks and the 3 bears story.  I think this week's challenge was meant to be for me.  I had bought this purple and green plaid paper a while back at Aww Shucks, the purple and green polka dot ribbon from Hobby Lobby  and I had seen this particular fold on a couple of blocks last week.  Well it just all came together easy peasy.

I printed the Story Teller 3 times, cut all 3 bears out and Goldilocks once and colored with them my Copics.
To make the base card, I used a green SU card stock layered the plaid and cut a wide polka dot strip.  Adhered all three together.  Doesn't this story fit perfectly on this tri-fold card?

To make the base shape:
Fan-fold a 8 1/2 piece of paper in three even panels.  Fan fold them together and cut  a diagonal corner off of the top of all three panels..  I did the same cut with the plaid DP making it a tiny bit smaller so the back green paper would show through.

I glued a polka dot ribbon across the top of the polka dot paper and punched a white border with my EK Success paw print border along the bottom edge.  The flag banner was cut freehand with the reverse side of the plaid showing and some purple card stock as mats.  They are hung from a piece of crocheted thread and tied off in a bow at both sides.  The letters are stickers, but you can use stamped letters too.

I know this is another "sweet card".  I started to sass it up by using "You never know who you will find in your bed" as my sentiment.  I know Marlene would love that one. 

Disclaimer:  Blame Cheryl Alger for all this sweetness.  She creates the absolutely sweetest characters to work with.    Gotta love her though, I do.

Peace to everyone and my prayers for everyone in Irene's path.


11 comments:

  1. Oh Linda... this is fantastic! you have your very creative hat on again today! this is unique and fun! Anyone would love getting this sweet work of art! Love the paper and dotted ribbon! everything came together perfectly!
    I love it!!
    So glad you joined us for the Sassy Challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow hun - fab card - with you on Cheryls images... just finished one for Bex as she has her driving test using a sassy image - cant post until she passes - touch wood.
    Love the layout and design hun...
    Enjoy your weekend
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love that DP paper and the image is priceless. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda-so cute, so clever...I LOVE it!!!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute, Linda! Fun design and great use of the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, how darn clever is this, love the 3 bears. purple is not my color but I love your plaid dp!!! Great coloring and design. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever is this Linda! WOW! I just LOVE IT girl! You're amazing! Such a stunning card as always. Thanks for playing in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Linda! Cool fold!! How come I haven't see this paper...did you sneak it in??? Lol
    Great idea to use more bears, too cute. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda...aren't you clever, girlfriend!!! I love this idea...and you executed the idea brilliantly!!! Such a fun card design...and the little bears are tooooooo cute!! I love this...Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. Cool shape! Thanks for playing this week.

    Hugs,
    Heather
    Sassy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cleaver! Great card.
    Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week. Hope to see you play with us again
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda