Thursday, August 11, 2011

What's Bugging You?

Sassy Jeni wants to know what is bugging everyone this week.  Well here is my idea of a cute little boy with his woodland friends. Boys do love to collect bugs and they always seem to have a piece of twine in their pockets.  He is called Nature Boy and you can find him here.

I thought a twisted easel card was worthy of displaying my little cutie.  I printed him on the orange card stock and I printed him on Cryogen White cardstock.  I colored the white image with my copics and cut him out.  I then applied him directly on top of the printed image on the orange.  That way I didn't have to cut out all those cute little hairs sticking out on his head and the shoestrings.

The orange card stock is Brazills textured and the brown and cream is SU.  I cut the scalloped frame with my Cricut Stretch You Imagination cartridge.  The square DP is from the Paws and Claws collection from TCP Studio.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  Check it out, this is one of Pauline's Freebies.  If you have treated yourself with a peek at her site, you are in for a treat.  Those cute little bugs are EK Success Stickers that I picked up a while back at Walmart for $1.00.  Now that is a bargain!.

If you would like to get buggy with us, get one of Sassy Cheryl's digis and create your own little critter creation!  You can enter it here.

18 comments:

  1. I love all of the creepy crawlers! Reminds me of when my boys were little collecting all sorts of critters and bringing them home.
    Too cute!
    Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda...ooooh, what a cutie patootie!! I chuckled when I read your statement about boys liking bugs! So true...so true!! LOL!! I just love your twisted easel card! These are such fun to make, aren't they?! And, oh my...your DPs and embellies are perfect...and your coloring is just stunning!! (I'm adding this Sassy image to my "must have" list! hehehe) Thanks so much, Linda, for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's this week for our fun challenge!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda, wonderful card! Love the creepy crawly things, any young boy will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute, Mz. Linda! You're right, boys do love their bugs. I remember Zach always having some type of string and rocks ALWAYS in his little pockets. Oh, the memories!!!!
    This is a darling card and I ADORE the little lizard and caterpillar. TOOOOOOO cute for words.
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - one of my fave boy images - great bug sticker
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...too stinkin' cute Linda!! Love all those bugs. Are you hooked on the twisted easel now? Fun huh? ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Sassycheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so CUTE!! Love the cute back ground paper..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha! This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great boys card!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sassy Cheryls this week.
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Linda, seems like Jeni has not only got us working on bugs, but she's planted the not so usual fold in our brain. I have to say this card made me smile(HUGELY). It IS so boy and you are so right about what's in their pockets. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design and embellishments! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do great Nana! Your card is so cute. Its hard to do a boy card and you did it well <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic colours, fantastic image in fact an all round fantastic card Linda...I love twisted easels and this is a perfect one
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, this is fabulous, lady! I love the fold, love your coloring, love your embellishments and the sentiment is perfect!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm... did I hit post comment?! I hope so. Brief synopsis---love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable and VERY buggy, Linda! Great twisted easel design as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda