Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spinning Birthday Card


Sassy Jeni wanted to see a unusual fold card this week over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog.  I saw this spinner shape on Dr. Sonja's Cards, Crafts and Kid's Projects Blog.  Dr. Sonja's is all fancy and beautifully quilled, but I wanted a more classic simplicity look.  I had colored this black and white Funky Double Birthday Cake from Sassy Cheryl's and decided it would be perfect as a spinner card.   Well honey I will just tell you it took me a day and a half to get it all to come together.  An engineer I am definitely not and in the future I will stick to coloring and only try new shapes when I have exact measurements.  I put this card together and tore it apart so often that the poor paper is worn out.  In the end it was not  to difficult of a card and should have been more easy to make, but I sure made a long drawn out affair of it.  But it is finished and here it is.

I made this for one of my tellers and her favorite color is teal.  She is a pretty modern gal, so I think she will like the simplicity of the black and white and teal.  Card stock is SU, Zebra paper and ribbons are from my stash.  I used a bamboo shish-kebob skewer to hold the spinner piece.  Popped some silver brads and aqua bling dots on it.  I made a scalloped border with my SU punch and I was done.

So simple, I bet my grandchildren could have made it with they eyes closed.  Hope you enjoy and if you want a tutorial click on the link to Dr.Sonja's blog in the beginning of this post.

14 comments:

  1. Super-fantastic card! Love black, white and teal. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, no engineering degree? Huh?! :)
    Well, it's a fantastic card. Don't think I've ever seen one of these and it's just stunning! I'm sure your 'modern' fellow teller will just LOVE it!
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week, Linda. Always enjoy reading your fun posts and seeing your amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. Love your card. Thanks for sharing it and the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda...how clever!!! I've never seen a card quite like this! Very, verrrry cool!! I love the black & teal...and your coloring is just perfect!! Ho fun that you've been able to join us tis week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - that is brilliant - really good - - I too would have ripped it and got cross..
    Fab job
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting so crafty, Linda! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny, Linda! I'm glad that you persevered and completed this creative little card. I'm sure it will be a big hit with your co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL over the description of your creative process. It looks pretty darn complicated to me, and you did a beautiful job with it. Love the black and white with the teal accent. I need an easy challenge for next week. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Linda I love yours more than mine-- honestly! It is so classy. I cant manage the classy look. First time is a struggle and I got stuck at my spinner part too.Yes its time consuming first time round. I am so thrilled you actually tried it.
    The sliding cake card is quite time consuming I only made it as the effect is so spectacular.

    Love
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute! what a neat idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it looks like all the hair pulling paid off this is wonderful. Love the colors too. Will have to try this soon. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! It turned out beautiful, I love the colors you chose as :)
    Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool is this Linda!?! You know you are going to have to show me how you did this. I just love it ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers, Linda---this looks pretty darn challenging to me! You get an A+ for persistence, originality, and a really great card!

    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda