Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hoppy Birthday


Have a birthday coming up for my son so I made this card for him.  Look Jim, no ribbon.  My husband and my son always challenge me to think out of the box and stay away from ribbon.  Twine doesn't count does it?  I found these really neat brads from Recollections.  I love the way they work with the "Diamond Plate" Cuddlebug embossing folder.  The stamp is one I borrowed from a friend at a recent stamp & share we had so I don't know the manufacturer.  The tab punch is from Stampin Up.  The Happy Birthday was from Artful Legacy  and all the paper was Stampin Up:  Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Kraft and Very Vanilla.  I ran the Kraft through the crimper for some more lines and texture to the layers  Colored with Copic and the background spots was made with a another stamp from Artful Legacy.

I would say I chose this frog because he represents my son waiting to find his Princess to kiss him, but then he would kill me so I won't say that.   (Shhhhh)   I really just thought the frog was so cute and wanted an excuse to make him into a card.


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love all the unexpected detail and the fabulous image. Your son will love it and I won't tell him about your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda- love the brads with the background but that frog is one cute little guy - a perfect "manly card (and no, twine doesn't count!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, love your manly card for your son. And the twine is perfect. Cute frog stamp!

    Thanks for the comment on my card today, you said you had liquid pearls in your stash and were going to try the technique today, it's PERFECT pearls, just hope I caught you in time, or you misspoke in the post......couple of scoops of PERFECT pearls and fill a mini mister with water, shake and spritz your card lightly until you get the desired look.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful card this is for your son!! Cards for men are so difficult for me too... I love that you used twine instead of ribbon for this... To me twine is the ribbon of choice for men, LOL!! Great card!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twine doesn't count, so I'd say you did WELL! Really nice card, Linda! Hope your son finds his princess one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this image - great layout and love the little fellas eyes
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with this little guy! Great design Linda. His googly eyes are perfect ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda