Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pearls, Satin & A Blog Hop at Sassy Cheryl's

Have to say I am quite pleased how this card turned out.  This is the first image I fell in love with at Sassy Cheryls.  It is called "Sassy Opinion" and you can have it this week on sale or for free if you are lucky enough to win at the Blog Hop.  There are prizes galore and the grand prize is a $25.00 gift certificate to Sassy Cheryl's.  So click here for the details and join in the fun.  Unfortunately you have to act fast because it ends tomorrow night at 8:00 EST.

I colored with my copics and used White Opal Liquid Pearls for the polka dots on the dress and bow.  The tights were glittered with a combination of Cotton Candy and  Diamond Star Dust Stickles.  The shoes and the glass mirror were done with Paper Glaze.  I cut out the digi with the Top Note die from Stampin UP.  The border punch is MS Goo, but I thought it looked like a bunch of tongues wagging.  Pearls and Satin Ribbon is from my stash.  The sentiment was my creation made in word and cut out with the scalloped rectangle Nestabilitie.  The butterfly was cut from a scrap in my scrap bin.

I have this Sassy little birthday card ready for one of my Sassy little friends!  I can just see her doing this to herself on her birthday.  But alas, suck it up girlfriend you are just getting older whether you like it or not!

13 comments:

  1. OH this is SO STINKIN' cute!!! And it's beautifully colored. . .as always! Loving the sentiment. That's HILARIOUS! So glad you played in the challenge this week this week Linda. Your cards ALWAYS make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! This is another one of my all time favorite images! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, cute! love the drippy punched edges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun card you have created!! Love the added sentiment too, so funny!! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love the color combination and the stickles on the tights is a terrific idea. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too adorable Linda! I love her sparkly tights and string of pearls on the base of the easel! Can you hold on to it until January? HeeHeeHee ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is so darn cute and I love the sentiment! It's just perfect! So glad you joined us again at Sassy Cheryl's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this card is absolutely STUNNING. I love it and the pearls draped around like a necklace to prop the easel is inspired. I also love the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently bought this image, but haven't gotten a chance to use it yet!! This is adorable, Linda. I really like the colors and the MS border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, how awesome is this!!! The coloring is wonderful but that goo border is perfect for the Raspberry blowing Sassy Girl, Can you believe I don't have this image, gasp!!! Thanks for playing with us a Sassy Cheryl's, always thrilled to see your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that side puch and the colours you have chosen!
    Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week.
    Hugs
    Tracy/Trace/Tracey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours used - love the MS punch fab how you have done it...and love the sentiment...Great card
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanx so much for this card Linda!!! I will truly cherish it...it is so cute and so Sassy! Thanx again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda