Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #55 Use Something New




This was one challenge I had no problem doing.  I got to use something new.  My biggest challenge was making the color scheme work.  I had this new package of paper from Stampin Up called, Greenhouse Gala that I was dying to use.  I won this digi from Sassy Cheryl and had not used it either so I teamed them up for the challenge.  I have to say I must have colored the digi 3 or 4 times until I came up with the right color scheme, but I am pleased with the outcome.  Lots of geometric lines going on there, I hope you agree that they work together.

The digi was colored with my Copics and cut out with my Scalloped Rectangle Nestibilitie.  The tag was punched with my SU tag punch and stamped with the SU Tiny Tags sentiment.  The tie was some black and white bakers twine.   The corners were punched with my SU corner punch and then embossed with the SU Square Lattice folder.  Finished off with some black pearls. 

So why don't you pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's store (plan on spending a long time shopping) pick up a digi and enter your own card in the challenge.  You MUST  use something new, so this is your big opportunity to take a trip to your local craft store and pick up something brand new to play with.  Just tell you dear hubby that you HAVE to do it.  It is a requirement.  LOL

Happy shopping!  Hugs to you, Linda.

15 comments:

  1. Love your style! That paper is PERFECT. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and wonderfully colored image. I love your combination of paper, I think it is terrific and very eye appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, now right there is why I color digitally! :) You wouldn't believe how many times I color an image.
    Yours turned out stunning! i just LOVE It.
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love it - perfect papers and stunningly done
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am lovin all your new stufffsss! this is the most fun image to color and create with! wonderful card, love your colors!
    So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week Linda!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and you really made all those patterns work.

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryls challenge this week.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Linda. Lovely patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms Linda, this is wonderful. Love the way you colored the imaage. Cool dp and love all your layers. Very awesome GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Linda! And of course that is my favorite paper. Hope to see you and Jen on Tuseday.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this paper combination and the card is fantastic. New isn't difficult for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card this is!! I love that paper you chose to match the image, You did a fabulous job coloring it too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card. Love your new stuff!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You colored it again!! Girl, you are a maniac. Love how this turned out! I have gotta get that pack of paper. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dont ya just love this image! I cant get enough of all these great new images.
    Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week.
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda