Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Inspired By Nature


I have admired this digi for some time, but did not have the opportunity to purchase it.  Well last week I won a free digi and this week the challenge was "Inspired By Nature", so I call that a perfect fit!  I chose my color scheme from a piece of DP I wanted to use, but ended up not even using it.  I am pleased with the end results though.  I really like the softness of these colors. 

If you have been following my blog, you will know that I always see a story in the digis I color.  This one reminds me of a young love that starts out as friends and grows into true love as adults  The tree reminded me of the book The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.    I used to love reading it to my Grans when they were small.  Sorry Marlene, I got a little sappy there.

Colored it with my Copics, used some Paper Glaze for her shoes, Meadow Flower Soft for the grass.  The Kraft  and the Celery are both from Stampin Up.  The aqua dot DP is from Bo Bunny.  The sentiment is SU Sale A Bration Punch Bunch.  (Got it free last month, whoo hoo for me)  Popped on some paper roses, added some ribbon and safety pinned the sentiment onto the ribbon.

If you would like to get this digi, click here and you can make it yours.  Color it up, paste it on some pretty paper. and enter it in the Inspired By Nature Challenge this week.  Hope to see you there and thanks for popping in and checking out my goodies.



12 comments:

  1. I love what you do with your cards every time and this one is no exception! Love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, this is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it and your coloring of it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. . . .LOVE the story! It's gorgeous Linda. I LOVE how you always 'see' something in the digi.
    Gorgeous coloring!!!!
    Thanks for playing in the challenge again this week! Such a JOY to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Linda!! Is that you and the Kahuna when you were young and in love? I see you have used your new MS punch on this one, good choice. Fabulous coloring and I see a little flower soft too. Looks awesome. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love it Linda, the colours and layers are beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card! love the punched border to frame this darling little scene!
    So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, SOMEBODY has to be sappy every once in a while, to counteract my acid tongue! ;)

    What a cute card! Love the sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this image is adorable. Love how you colored it too. You and I are old enough to remember when a boy and girl carved their initials with a heart to show their true love!! The green border is delish!!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, what a wonderful creation. always love your cards and your reasons for choosing the images you do, so glad you won this one!! Thanks for always being a part of our challenges at Sassy Cheryl's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Linda! The celery mat is fabulous with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh, Linda, darling! I love your sky-I've got to learn how to do that!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda