Friday, March 11, 2011

May Your Dreams Take Flight


This little girl has a lot on her mind.  She is graduating from high school and has to make the big decision, "What Do I Do Next"  She grabs her best Bunnie and goes outside to think, dream and decide.  Okay I know you didn't see that when you saw the image, but I did and since I am the creator, I can make my own story up.  Ha Ha.  The image is from, Who Else but Sassy Cheryl's and is called Nature Nap Girl and it also comes in a boy version.  You can get it here and while you are there, check out all the sweet goodies Cheryl Alger has to offer.  As a friend of mine said, grab a cup of coffee and be prepare to be there awhile, because she has so much to offer it won't be a fast visit.

Here is the view from the right inside flap.  As you can see it is an uneven fold card and the digi is placed in the center.  I think this gives a little more interest than your standard card fold.  I will be placing a sentiment inside for the graduate I am giving this too.
   
I colored the digi with my copics sponged the sky and the grass.  I used my circle and Labels 3 Spellbinder to cut out the digi and the mat.  The DP is from The Morning Rain collection from The Paper Loft.  All the cardstock is from Stampin Up.  The sentiment is Paper Trey Ink  The Pond Collection.  The ribbon and the jewels are from my stash.  I made the yellow flower using the quilling technique.

There it is my unusual Graduation Card.  I am entering it in the Sassy Cheryl's Color Me Challenge.  I won this digi at the Blog Hop last week, so I hope it brings me luck and I will win another one this week.  I just can't get enough of Sassy Cheryl.  Click here and join us in the fun.   Just one Challenge and you will be hooked, just like me.



6 comments:

  1. See, now I LOVE it when people can see the image and tell and entire story!
    It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!
    And the inside of the card is amazing too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet card...love the colors you used, and I see you used the quilling technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out gorgeous Linda!! Beautiful quilled flower and sentiment. Great DP and coloring.I just love it all. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and what a great idea for a graduation card! Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gate fold card and colors for your image! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - sorry missed this one...love that flower - perfect card
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda