Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's Color Me Time at Sassy Cheryl's

Imagine this, getting asked to color.  That is my kinda "dream" command!!  I love to color and play and it is hard not to accept a challenge.  If you would like to play along, click here and check out all the fun. This week I chose the cutest bunny.  He is called Too Much Chocolate, but I don't think he ate too much chocolate, I  think he is upset with all people who are dieting.  For goodness sakes people, it is Easter!  The poor little Easter Bunny hops blisters all over his precious little paws to bring us Peeps and CHOCOLATE and jelly beans.  What thanks do we give him?  "Sorry, I am on a diet I can't eat any candy this year".  Nope, it just ain't right!

To make this card, I used some glitter paper in pink that best bud Jen gave me.  The DP is some very old grass paper I found in my stash.  I used EK Success Pet Paw border punch to punch the paw print border.  The fence is MS Halloween fence.  I just trimmed off the bats. The basket is cut at 1" from my Cricket Doodlecharms.  I cut the eggs out of a scrap of Easter paper in my stash.  The sentiment was typed on my computer and is a play on the Chick Fil A logo.  I colored the bunny with my copics and used the terry cloth effect to simulate fur on the bunny.  I made two images and cut both out, popped one up to give the motion effect to the bunny,  I will say I had to use the hot glue gun to get the dp to adhere to the glitter paper.  That glitter just absorbs all the sticky from my ususal adhesive.  Wallah, finished product.

Sidenote:  I spent the morning with some of my Stampin Up Club buddies this morning making Easter Cards for the Blue Star Mothers to send to our troops who are deployed.  We made 100 cards that will go in Easter boxes of goodies.  We were discussing what all would go into the boxes and Michelle told us that the #1 request from the troops was Peeps!  They love getting those Peeps from home.

10 comments:

  1. I love write up honey but where's your card?? Rofl... think you're having a CRAFT moment (Can't Remember Any Flaming Thing!!) hehehe. Yes you just got the polite version too. Smiles. Hope you're having a good sunday sweety!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree when it comes to chocolate but I'd love to see your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karen and Tammy for helping this crazy old lady out. I forgot to add my picture to my post and that is pretty bad since it is a "Color Me" challenge. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was certainly worth the wait. This is gorgeous, Linda! I LOVE it!!!!
    SO glad you played in the COLOR ME challenge this week. It's a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Definitely worth waiting for. Love the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! He does look a wee bit upset!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous brilliantly funny image Linda and you have used it perfectly...in answer to your questions about my colouring with distress inks, I use a mixture of the pads and reinkers dripped onto an acrylic pad, to colour I use a paintbrush and water just like watercolouring...hope that helps some
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute Linda! Love the paws along the side and your VERY versatile halloween fence punch. What a great buy! Totally agree with this bunny!!! Where's my chocolate??? ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - loving the punched paw prints - is that a MS one - need it if so....great card hun as always

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh definitely worth the wait!! Love this card and the punched borders!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda